Just rode a YFZ

Psychosis

#11 Post by Psychosis »

That is one of the reasons I chose the 450R for my new race quad. I might have got my dealer to sponsor me on a Yam but they offered Honda so I took it. There's no questioning the fact that I love the Dale and after switching to Moto map, all I can say is WOW! The thing rips my arms off and tears the R a new one even w/HRC kit installed. W/Blaze map they were about even it seemed in hit and power but now there's no comparison.

The YFZ is just like a Blaster like said and that swingarm needs to be thrown away before ridden on. Not to mention this: So far I have calculated up all the racers I've met in the IL/KY/MO area that have blown YFZ engine since they got there's and there's somewhere between 20-25. And that's just at a total of 5 tracks and I only talk to about 1/3 of the riders usually at races. So why are they considered so reliable again?

SlOoT

#12 Post by SlOoT »

Were we bougth our broken Dale, there was also an other Dale, a YFZ and a 450R. I didn't got to ride them but I did take a seat on em. The YFZ has the most **** seat, and also feels verry small. The 450R was perfect, just like my Dale smile.gif

saleen_1

#13 Post by saleen_1 »

i rode a piped yfz,really nice bike reminds me of my 250r.

theJeStEr1340

#14 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have ridden all 3! Let me start by saying I am 6'5" and wiegh 240. The dale is great feeling, I got it because fo that, size of front doesn't bother me at all, the TRX feels really small, and the YFZ feels a little better. The TRX has very peppy throttle (had a WB pipe). this is just my opinion, but I love my dale.

danyeo

#15 Post by danyeo »

I rode the TRX, YFZ, the my Cannibal all on the same day. My old Cannibal had HMF pipe and moto/speed map. TRX had full HMF and HRC kit. The YFZ was rejetted, no lid, spark arrestor out, cam mod, but still had stock pipe. The YFZ is the fastest out of these 3. The Dale has more top-end and will eventually catch up and pass the YFZ but it takes a while and the YFZ beat me in drags that had the quads just getting into 5th. IF the YFZ has a pipe and cam mod it will beat most TRX's and Dales most of the time if the rider factor is =. And on that day my Dale blew it's engine and i was riding the other 2 quads for an hour switching off. The YFZ has a better feel for racing, it's light and fast and revs very high and has excellent throttle response. TRX feels a little lazier but more comfortable but it sits a little high. I'm not sure which one i like better but if i were racing the YFZ is the clear choice, it's the lighest and fastest 4 stroke.

cdalepilot

#16 Post by cdalepilot »

somebody get me a ladder ! after reading that last reply , the sh*t is really getting deep around here !:usa :drink:

banzairx7

#17 Post by banzairx7 »

In regards to the seat on the YFZ, I loved it. I know a lot of people complain about it being really hard. I like the harder seat. It's easy for me to slide around on it for cornering etc.. I never sit down for more than a few moments at a time when I ride anyway.

danyeo

#18 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by cdalepilot
somebody  get me a ladder ! after reading that last reply , the sh*t is really getting deep around here !:usa :drink:

Care to explain further. I rode all 3 on the same day. At the end of the day the YFZ was towing me back to the parking lot, and i couldn't beat him in a drag and i thought i was riding pretty good that day. What sounds like BS to you, I'm going by fact. Maybe you should check you brand loyalty at the door before coming in.:drink:

USAMoto00

#19 Post by USAMoto00 »

I've ridden all 3 as well, and with all loyalties aside, there was no comparison. Maybe me dale just is a good runner, or maybe I'm more used to it, but my Moto was the clear cut winner. I've raced against the Honda's and Yammie's as well with different results - for the holeshot. I will admit that I've traded holeshots with both of those quads, but in the end I was always able to make a pass before the end of the race. Funny thing is that I almost always pass them on a straight. Weird huh?:usa

cdrookie

#20 Post by cdrookie »

i never rode a trx but have riddin a few yfz. i rode one with a full sparks exhaust and i think it had the exhaust cam mode. it was, by far, the most impressive quad i've ever ridden. throttle responce was unbelieveable, steering was quick and precise, reved to the moon, felt light as a feather. funny thing was the guy liked my stock(at the time) cannibal better.
my buddy has a yfz and he took off the air box lid and spark arrester and spent all afternoon rejetting it. i use to think my dale ran half decent but there was no comparison. cannondales rev like lawn movers compared to yfz's. i'm glad we didn't race that day, or i'd still be hearing about how bad he would've smoked me.