Mountain Bike ???'s

cdrookie

#11 Post by cdrookie »

:usa

kdeal

#12 Post by kdeal »

Derno,

Listen to what Marc said. For what you want it for do not buy a downhill or full blown mountain bike to use as a pit bike, or some goofing around. You want a bike that fits you (a good bike shop will measure you), and does not weigh a lot (downhill bikes weigh a ton), so you don't have to do a lot of work to pedal where you want to go. On top of that, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money with those suggestions. All the brands mentioned are pretty decent, let your wallet guide you. I like the Cannondale and the Specialized brands. But, the biggest issue will be a good bike shop that treats you right. They should be very accomodating and helpful before, during and after your purchase. If you want to race them, you will need to do more research. I love the look of the downhill bikes, but they are for going downhill very fast (big frames, big brakes, and very rugged, but heavy). Kind of like running a Utility versus your Dale.

PS: The cops here use white Cannondales similar to ****** picture of the Specialized.

Good luck on your search.

Ken

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Thanks Guys I appreciate all the input.

CdaleRacer0128

#14 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i got me a specialized hemi pro and comp..used to be a bmx racer b4 i bought a cannondale quadd:rolleyes:

specialized are definately very very nice bikes, cannondales are also nice, but i thinik they are a little too much $$ for a pitbike..

JeffQuadShop

#15 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I ride mountain bikes alot and the best one I've ever ridden is the one I have now, a Cannondale Jekyll. They range from $600 to $6000 so there is a price for almost everyone.

Here is a quote about it:
The Jekyll is our all mountain full suspension platform. Winner of ????????????????Bike Of The Year??????????????? awards in both the U.S. and Europe, the versatile Jekyll offers 135 mm of rear wheel travel and the ability to adjust the bike??????????????????s geometry and handling to any terrain.
What makes the Jekyll's award-winning design so innovative is its adjustable frame geometry. By adjusting the shock absorber's position within its redesigned trunion mount, the Jekyll's head angle can be set anywhere between 69.2 and 71.1 degrees (with a Lefty DLR fork) while the bottom bracket height morphs between 12.6 and 13.5 inches (32 - 34.3 cm).

Meek

#16 Post by Meek »

I like my Dale also

Racin Red

#17 Post by Racin Red »

Hey Jeff,

How is that "Lefty" perform? Difficult to get used to?

4strokemadman

#18 Post by 4strokemadman »

My Cannondale project.... The Gemini on the right. BTW Derno the super-V on the left is for sale....so is the LEFTY MAX in the middle....

4strokemadman

#19 Post by 4strokemadman »

oops....why can I only post a pic as an attachment????

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Paul you are going to need to post a better picture! The one I got I can barely see.:eek: