Holeshots, or Razrs?

Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by thomez
I don't think the HD's are very soft nor will they hook too great if it is dry. The benefit of the XCR's is that they are a softer tire like an MX tire and will grab. The Razr's seem stiff as a board.

Thomez HD's are soft. They have a flexible compound as do all Holeshots. This makes them less durable.

thomez

#12 Post by thomez »

I've seen the HD's and they looked more like a Razor or Razor II than a XCR or XC. Durability doesn't matter to me cause they all last long enough in my opinion. They are disposable things you just have to buy when they wear out. Are the HD's as soft as an XCR? Sure didn't seem like it to me?

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

I haven't had any experience with the HDs or the Irazrs. What I do know is this:

Price/Weight/Reliable/Wear

Knarly: Cheapest/lightest/thin sidewall/soft

XCR: cheaper/lighter/medium/medium

Razr2: expensive/heavy/best/best

I'd say for mild conditions...go with the XCRs. they are happy medium. You could probably get by with the Knarlys if you didn't have a lot of big, sharp rocks. You have to remember though...Jeff runs 0 pressure in his knarly along with the tireballs so the thin sidewall doesn't really hurt him all that much. They all have (dis)advantages in different terrains like others have said.

cdalemx301

#14 Post by cdalemx301 »

i actually run XCR's in mx lol they hook up fine for me i have no prob bein out in front off the line....im run thmem cuz i wanted a 20 inch tire holeshot and thats all i could find stupid itp doesnt make a MX 20 inch tire...but i like them

CdaleRacer0128

#15 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

they make a 19" mx tire now cdalemx! perfect for southwick!!

cdalemx301

#16 Post by cdalemx301 »

haha cdaleracer that is the onnly reason i wun 20's is cuz of the fricken ruts at that place ive been trying to find the 19s but i dont think they are released yet

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

JHamner:

Pretty much what I was saying. I have first hand knowledge of the Klaw rear and liked them for durability (6ply) fronts sucked though (4ply). Have to agree about Razor 2's. I have a set of HD's which I will only break out in mucky situations.

Thomez: If you would like I will let you come to my house or at the next group ride and take a llok at the different tires I run or have run. We ran HD's at the 6hr race and they looked pretty worn after that race. Looked at another teams Razor 2's and not as bad. No diss on the tire just stating that when spending 70 or more on one tire you better make sure you will have it for more than a week.

thomez

#18 Post by thomez »

Derno I believe ya I was just askin :confused: :cry:

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Sorry if I came off mean Thomez. I really mean it I will let you look at the different tires. I really think in a mud race a set of HD's are the ticket. They hook really well. ust for $70 a tire i want something I can ride on alot!

Cdale_racer_669

#20 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

haha cdaleracer that is the onnly reason i wun 20's is cuz of the fricken ruts at that place ive been trying to find the 19s but i dont think they are released yet

you can get 19's