who would win

cdalepilot

#11 Post by cdalepilot »

i absollutly agree with mjollnir & 0128 !:clap:

speeddemon

#12 Post by speeddemon »

i am new to the cannondale thing but they look like some nice quads i was askin about the "new" 450 and then the yfz and r but with a few mods like the mappin on the cdale and a pipe and a few other power adders like jetkit all the normals. and put the pipe and a few other things on the r and yfz. its inbetween the r and c-dale right now cuz i juss wannab alil diffrent than every1else so the c-dale is a deffinate at that and the r is nice 2 so its a toss uo just trying to get a good idea on speed. o ya i am mostly in the woods gncc all the way ! so this might help you out and i am not an expert but not a begginer so about intermediate so if that helps.

speeddemon

#13 Post by speeddemon »

sorry bout the spelling 2 early in the morning !

cdrookie

#14 Post by cdrookie »

cannondales don't have jets, so a jet kit would be the D&M kit($300). if you go with a blaze model, its already set up for gncc/xc. ccole has a sweet one for sale right now:) not sure if the D&M works with on the ATK's, heard they changed something in some of their models?

speeddemon

#15 Post by speeddemon »

i think atk changed their mapping so no1 else can do nething with it or sumtin like that

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

I wouldn't think that would be true. Anyone know for sure on this?

TheJaspMan

#17 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by speeddemon
i think atk changed their mapping so no1 else can do nething with it or sumtin like that

Only a few people would know for sure. But it would require a new ECU. But I would have to imagine the maps are either the same or very similar.

After working with about 15 diffrent maps today, I can honestly say that a Cdale has a lot of variety. One map felt great for the holeshot, then sucked on the jumps. Another felt strong in the low power range but became too flat when needed.

My wife actually ran the 03 Glamis map all day and she liked the low end power. I didn't think it had the punch of the moto map. Hence rider diffrence.

On this thread topic I say it has nothing to do with the machine. It's all rider ability and experience. And sometimes just plain luck! That goes for MX, XC, TT or drags.

The only fair test of any machine is stock vs stock. Once you start modifying it's whomever has the most money to spend. As far as being faster or more powerful, a dyno is the only truth. Everything else is irrelivent when you put a rider behind the handlebars.

Mjollnir

#18 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by speeddemon

I doubt it.

Exodus

#19 Post by Exodus »

The only honest way to compare these three bikes is to have the same rider ride them one at a time and compare lap times. That is about the only way to get a good feel for who would win, its like everbody else was saying, luck and rider ability has so much to do with you can win the upper hand. I have a blaster that I have around 10k in. The little guy really rips, and I have beaten every kind of quad out there one time or another. Its not all about the hp, its about the guy on the back and knowing what the bike it capable of. I will say that a lot of those guys I beat turned right around and got me back at the next race. So theres the luck factor, I'm not a pro rider by any means, but with the right bike I can hold my own. 90% rider 10% bike.