dale riders killing the dale name

cdalemx301

#11 Post by cdalemx301 »

Quads dont hold there value period....I had a 99 blaster i payed 2000 for had 2000 into and sold it in the spring for 1300 because quads do not hold a value....A its easier to buy a new quad and make payements then to buy something outright and B people are scared to buy a used quad because you never know when it will break....Yes others hold there value better then a cdale but if ur buddy wanted to be able to make his money back for school in my opinion buying a quad was a dumb investment....and on top of that these quads have complex motors and with no dealerships willing to work on them people who just want to ride and pay someone else to work on it are kinda scrwed...I dont care what the dales are worth because i dont plan on selling mine any time soon because in my eyes its still the bst quad out there come on who else can plug there quad into there computar and play with settings....I dont blame the dale community for dropping prices either the 2005s are out now these are at minimum 2 years old whether it was bought new 2 months ago its still 2 years old so yes they will sell cheaper...But it has nothing to do with people uunloading cheap...

440rider

#12 Post by 440rider »

ummmmm my 2cents look at how many posts the people have that are selling the quads for 2500. Most have under 10 post

exactly right! How many does Rick james have 1. I bought my quad for $6,500 and put about $2,500 into it. Did I want to sell it at one time YES! I knew what the market was for these bikes after all the crank probs started and there was no way I was going to let it go so cheap so i did my homework and with the help from the riders on this site I'm loving my dale. Rick you and your friend have to look at it this way with these machines: why would I want to spend more than 2,500 - 3k for a bike that the engine may lock up on and me have to send it to atk with the price tag of an additional $2,700 (they told me depending whats wrong +450kit it could cost as much as 3k)? So you are saying buy my friends dale for 6k and if the engine locks they what...sucker? I can see if you buddies dale already has a 450kit built by atk and all updates and race ready then yeah I'd buy it but to say people that ride and deal in dales are ruining the name because they know about these bike and what updates cost etc. and won't spend coin on your buddies bike that's crazy. Would you pay top money for something that you are going to have to put wrench time and $ into from the start plus it's 2 yrs old?

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

Well, I have a pretty low hour 2002 400ex sitting here with these upgrades: Frame gussetted and powdercoated (ever hear of a dale frame breaking??) +3 LT arms, chrome stem, LSR axle, TCS front and rear suspension, aluminum battery box, AC nerfs, PRM bumper. Hmmm, sure I'm missing something as well, But I can't get $3800 out of this thing. Da** Honda, I think I'll boycott Honda for coming out with the 450R and ruining the value of my now worthless 400ex.
:cry:

tjusa

#14 Post by tjusa »

ricky you should have came to the fall ride and met all the guys that are killing these quads:p this is probly one of the most dedicated group of people you will ever find :usa just because the value is not there in $$ the value of these are priceless to the 40 or more that were there this weekend .any quad is not a investment it is a glorified TOY . we here all understand the frustration but we still ride the most advanced quad ever made and with the help of all the great people of this site i see us riding them for years to come :head: just my 2c

Mjollnir

#15 Post by Mjollnir »

I think the prices on the boards and ebay are actually abnormally low. The guys on here already have one, so there is no rush to get another one. We look for deals, and when we see one, we jump on it. That's how I got my second one - wasn't even looking, but it was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Many people have said on here that they have gotten far more out of their quads by putting them in a local paper rather than by selling them on the boards or ebay. Ebay is a great route to sell something that has a niche market, but the other side of the coin is that it is also a great way to screw yourself if you are selling something that actually has a market (read: quads and motorcycles).

For example, I just sold a pair of 10 year old ski boots on eBay for $75 - starting bid 1 cent, over 20 bids on them. I had tried to sell them at a garage sale a couple weeks prior, and couldn't get 10 bucks for them. Who wants a pair of 10 year old size 13 ski boots?

These dales are worth a **** of a lot more to someone who can see and touch what they are looking to buy. If I shined up my nearly bone-stock dale put a sign that said $3500 on it during a busy weekend at Pismo, you think I'd sell it? You bet your *** I'd sell it, probably in less than a day. Especially if I put a really hot map in it. biggrin.gif

The larger detriment that the online community causes is that people come on here with problems, looking for help. The "I broke my motor" posts far outnumber the "My quad kicks ***" posts. This is the same as any online community. If you were to go on my Duramax board, you would never buy one. If you go to RV.net, you may be afraid of ever owning an RV. People come to the online community with problems to be solved. When people come here looking to buy a quad, they may get scared on the way to the For Sale section. It's like walking through the cancer ward on the way to buy a pack of cigarettes. Which brings me to my quote:

"Owning a 'dale is an addiction. You know you may pay for it someday, but mmmmm, it tastes so good until then." :w:

Marc

on edit: Woohoo! Post 500 for me. That's 500 thought-provoking, truly valuable posts. Ya **** post whores. biggrin.gif

comander420

#16 Post by comander420 »

**** I hope the value keeps dropping, maybee then when I get a bigger garage I can buy a cheap cannibal and moto then have the whole line up. I guess I'm halfway there already. And if you couldn't tell I have no ambition to sell my 2 dales, but anybody interested in a 97 warrior with a fresh 10.25-1 top end and it's pretty cheap?

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

What happened to Rick James?

theJeStEr1340

#18 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

he died.

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

I knew someone would say that.

TheJaspMan

#20 Post by TheJaspMan »

He was too much of a 'super freak'. :drink: