Cannondale vs. DS

LapTraffic

#11 Post by LapTraffic »

Originally posted by cannondale55
if they both was about had the same weight i would put money on the ds i think thats where alot of the cannondale pulling head at the start comes from

So if I strapped 2, 50 pound bags of cement onto my cannondale it would be as slow as a DS 650?

That's good to know biggrin.gif

TurboJay

#12 Post by TurboJay »

Switch quads with your friend and try again. It has got to be the rider not to take you off the line. Let us know the results and then we can discuss it a little easier with some more input.

CDaleRider

#13 Post by CDaleRider »

Originally posted by GerdDS650
My DS is mostly stock it has a slip-on pipe, K&N, and a different carb. In a drag race the dale has no chance, in a top end race the DS pulls away (with a down sprocket on the front). the dale shifts smoothly but doesn't have the power to keep the front end off the ground!

LapTraffic

#14 Post by LapTraffic »

Originally posted by Nate_Dogg
I rode the dale I noticed that it had no topend it was not fast. The ds smoked the dale no joke I hope the others are faster.

LMFAO

Yea me too bro, I cant get over how slow mine is. Pretty depressing really, to dump all that cash into a POS slow quad. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

LOL:D

LapTraffic

#15 Post by LapTraffic »

I BELIEVE YOU!

My wife beat me on her Warrior and the left rear tire was almost flat. I dont know why these dales are so slow either, it's almost like it's firing on only one cylinder or something, IM not a mechanic so I dont know whats up, youd think for a 7000 dollar bike theyd be faster but theyre not! Im embarassed to admit it but I got beat by a stock 300 ex, he pulled on me cause I have no top end, whats up with that you think? I thought these things were fast and thats why I bought one but it's pretty embarassing to get beat by stuff that's normally so slow.

Do you think the bike knows that cannondale filed chapter 11? Im gonna sell mine and get a 300ex, THEYRE fast I know!

(edit) since we're being honest, the stock 300ex wasnt driven by a 'he' it was 13 year old girl.... There, I feel better now

DangerRanger

#16 Post by DangerRanger »

RICO OUT RAN ME ON THE QUADSHOPS PIT SCOOTER, I THINK I GOT RIPPED OFF, CAUSE IT DOESN'T COST AS MUCH AS MY DALE:mad: :mad: :mad:

PS DS-650 belongs in the sand, right beside where your head is!!!!rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Raced a ds-650 baja w/ pipe, filter, jet, carb-mods. Dale takes it all the way to top gear, then the ds has just a bit more. None of this 7 quad lengths stuff. Switched riders and it was the same for several runs. Try again.....loser!tongue.gif

The predator does keep even, alot better than the DS from start to near top end.

Ben

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

Nate Dogg, Gerd- you guys definitely have some rider problems. I smoked a Sparks built 426EX with the sparks tweaked carb repeatedly. He never led a foot. You guys beat that rider- that's it. Keep it in the back of your mind that if you see another guy on a 'dale, you better be leary. I can't speak about the DS, but he's gonna' eat your EX for breakfast and still be hungry. EX's are great for everything but a drag race. A great handling quad, that's a little light in the motor dept by today's production quads.

CDaleRider

#18 Post by CDaleRider »

Last fall @ Little Sahera OK. I was drag racing my stock Cannibal against moded ex's, raptors, banshees etc. and I smoked all of them repeatedly untill top end and then some of them would pull me a little. MAN I wish my quad wasent so SLOW!!ohmy.gif

P.S. I didn't race a DS but they cant be that much faster than a moded raptor or banshee.

JeffQuadShop

#19 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by OFFROADREDNECK
Yea, I was so upset when I put a slip-on, on my wifes 250 ex and she out ran me by like 7 bike lengths. Man that 250 rocks!!! And just to rub it in after she smoked me she put it in reverse and backed up to where I was at and then took off again and smoked me some more. Guess ill have to trade the cannibal for something lighter and faster like a ds or geo metro something sporty like those.
Yep, I was there and saw it with my own eyes!!! My DS beat a Viper in the quarter mile!!!

JeffQuadShop

#20 Post by JeffQuadShop »

And my Woody in that pick is smoking everbody!!!:eek: