I realized why I hate dirt wheels :)

LapTraffic

#11 Post by LapTraffic »

I think they DID that one.

Yep, they BOTH won smile.gif

4punksdad

#12 Post by 4punksdad »

for the who's faster crowd..................
this past weekend we had a variety of quads at my place. One of our trails dumps out on a secondary road where we have to travel down the pavement for about 1/2 mile.

Granted, the cannibal was the first bike to hit the pavement, but when I hit top gear and I looked back, the rest of the quads were SO far behind it wasn't funny. Like WAY behind...........hundreds and hundreds of feet.

the list of quads left behind were as follows........
400ex, kfx400, raptor, and grizzley.

keep in mind this was not a drag race everyone was prepared for.........but we ALWAYS open up our quads on that stretch and they should have been trying to keep up. This was my first try at hitting top speed with the cannibal. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the quickest and fastest quad I have ever ridden. And there aren't many quads I haven't thrown a leg over.

LapTraffic

#13 Post by LapTraffic »

Very cool feeling isnt it? smile.gif

I ride with a mix of bikes, none really fast, but there is a guy with a YZ250 motorcycle that likes to talk sh!t about Cannondale's and Quads in general. Dont get me wrong, nice guy, just likes his motorcycle.

Our first ride there was a lot of anticipation. He had told me about how hard it was going to be to keep up with him, and Im REALLY new to riding so I kept quiet and prepared to get my *** handed to me.

Right out of the gate we tore out onto the gravel road, it's about a mile long. he and I are were neck and neck till 4th gear then I passed him on a corner and was gone. I couldnt hear him anymore and was running pinned in 5th the whole time, powersliding around the sweeper corners and running like I had the devil chasin me. I had the lead I wasnt going to give it up. Eventually I came to the end of the road. Looked back and there was simply no one in sight. Just under a minute later here he comes. He said his gearing is very low for trails etc and that why I had put so much distance between he and I smile.gif

So then we're on the trails and there is this old logging road mostly over grown about a quad length in width (you could not drive a truck on it, too narrow.) It's about 2 miles long, lotta turns but nothing REAL sharp and nothing too technical, save the risk of smacking a deer or elk, you can fly in 4th pinned and pop into 5th for much of the ride. It's a real rush. He and I take off me in the lead. Ive no idea how fast were going and at first I can hear him with me and then it fades away. Rode my *** off and got to the end... 3 MINTUES later here he comes.

Doesnt speak for all motorcycle riders but it was pretty cool to shut him about quads, there is no way on any day that he can keep up with the cannondale on his YZ.