cannibal reliablity?

scooter-crusher

#11 Post by scooter-crusher »

this is an 2003, so you guys recommend it, or would you steer away?

acarli3

#12 Post by acarli3 »

I recommend it as long as you are willing to put a little time and money into it:ride:

TheJaspMan

#13 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
this is an 2003, so you guys recommend it, or would you steer away?

You never posted what updates it has on it. Or how many hours. Or the price. Without that information how can anyone give an educated opinion?

scooter-crusher

#14 Post by scooter-crusher »

i have not obtained this info yet, i will know tonight after i get to talk to the guy again, so i will fill in what i am missing if you all dont mind giving me some advice, i have raced mx my whole life, never got into quads, now i`m switching whether i get this one or another........

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

Sounds like you know how to ride.

Is this quad for sale local or is it on the web also? Send us pics or info and we can evaluate it for ya.

scooter-crusher

#16 Post by scooter-crusher »

hollywood43

#17 Post by hollywood43 »

I think that you'll need to replace those front shocks. If the updates were done to them then at least they won't fall apart on you when you're riding. But they're still not very good shocks. Nice a-arms deserve some nice shocks.

Other than that, I always liked the AC front bumpers. Look really good on a Dale.

But I'm still not convinced that you can make a Dodge reliable. I have almost 90K miles on mine but it's spent a lot of time in the shop...

scooter-crusher

#18 Post by scooter-crusher »

yeah he said the shocks heat up and fade, and i can see that would be an issue with a set od non-resevoir shocks, so i will just ask my wife to get me some for christmas :eek: , think she`ll go for that?? anyway we are meeting tonight to make a deal, i am going to be doing some clock watching all day, **** i hate that.
also wanted to ask you guys, how hard is it to wire in some headlights if they have been removed>?

TheJaspMan

#19 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
yeah he said the shocks heat up and fade, and i can see that would be an issue with a set od non-resevoir shocks, so i will just ask my wife to get me some for christmas :eek: , think she`ll go for that?? anyway we are meeting tonight to make a deal, i am going to be doing some clock watching all day, **** i hate that.
also wanted to ask you guys, how hard is it to wire in some headlights if they have been removed>?

The lights are not an issue. Everything is probably still there.

scooter-crusher

#20 Post by scooter-crusher »

JaspMan, i notice you have an 03 cannibal in your signature, you like it I asumme? Have you replaced your A-arms and/or shocks? If so what shocks are you running?