where dinli is headed

TheJaspMan

#11 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cdalemx301
Whoa Jaspman thats a good idea but where would u place the battery?

Right in front of the steering stem. Like where the guys running a dual battery system do.

cdalepilot

#12 Post by cdalepilot »

well its november and still no dinli .:drink: :drink:

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

I really think the frame does a good job of cooling our oil.Mine I have problems getting it to warm up when Iceracing even with radiator completely cardboarded.The magnet in there is a good idea along with extra capacity.I am not sure how it would affect all the flow of our oil.Seems to be a delicate balance of flow from sump to frame and back to motor.(oil in filter syndrom)wouldnt hurt to try it though.

Exodus

#14 Post by Exodus »

Instead of moving the battery in front of the steering stem. Keep it there where it is, use a Yamaha Big Bear oil cooler or the like, they use a radiator type cooler. Put that cooler in front of the stem down low, as not to bring to much of that hot air into the radiator. Just a thought, and I think it would work, I diffently like the idea of making a seperate oil cooler instead of relying on just the frame to cool the oil. I dont know the oil temps under racing conditions, but I do know, that the frame spars are way hot!

superfly

oil cooler

#15 Post by superfly »

anyone remember Abbotts TT quad, he had an external oil cooler on it.

cannibaljim

#16 Post by cannibaljim »

In the November issue of ATV Action on page 104 it Sez the new Dinlidale will be either a late 05 release or an 06 model.

nsane

#17 Post by nsane »

400exs actually use two parts to the oil system, a mini radiator style cooler that is up above the storage tank and the tank itself.. assuming you could keep enough pressure and flow to not starve the engine, at the very least you could increase the capacity somewhat as a side benefit.

TheJaspMan

#18 Post by TheJaspMan »

27, We really don't do ice racing around here. tongue.gif

Capacity is what I was looking to increase. Along with cooling ability. Do you think the engine could not produce enough umph to pump the oil in longer lines to a tank?

I was also thinking that a design like the 400ex would allow the metal & debris to settle to the bottom once the engine was turned off. It would help keep the oil a little cleaner.

I was planning on moving my battery anyways. I never really cared for the placment much. By doing so I would also like to see the radiator design changed. Make the intake and outflow reversed instead of from one side.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

I was thinking about this.If you tapped it into the scavenger pump line (the one above oil drain plug)it should work you would have to establish a new oil level though and it would have to be a T.

TheJaspMan

#20 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I was thinking about this.If you tapped it into the scavenger pump line (the one above oil drain plug)it should work you would have to establish a new oil level though and it would have to be a T.

That would be the toughest part, I think.