To race or not to Race

theJeStEr1340

#11 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Well the bike is here, all set up for MX and clean. I am going, even if it is cold, but as soon as the ice and snow start comign down I am out of there. It is calling for a wintery mix, but we are all hoping it will stay away until after the race. We shall see. I have Under armour (heat gear, to protect my nipples from the harsh gold gear, and the cold gear), a sweatshirt. and my riding jersey. My legs never get cold (that's from those cold night playing football). and a couple (3 or 4) pairs of socks to keep my toes warm. I think I will do alright.

Here are some pictures of my new bike with the silver and the sweet shamrocks on it. I think someone shoudl nominate it for quad fo the month it is soooo beautiful.

theJeStEr1340

#12 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

smile.gif

banzairx7

#13 Post by banzairx7 »

I'd kill for 50 right now! RACE!!!! Last time I rode it was 8! I won't be riding for a while now. There is 3+ feet of snow on the ground. I don't think even a cannondale can get through that.

theJeStEr1340

#14 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by banzairx7
I'd kill for 50 right now! RACE!!!! Last time I rode it was 8! I won't be riding for a while now. There is 3+ feet of snow on the ground. I don't think even a cannondale can get through that.
this mornign weather man said it wasn't gonna be but 35, now they are saying 44. Looking better and better.

theJeStEr1340

#15 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Well, I got 4th. 6th in the first moto and 4th in the second. Man I am beat. I had my steering stabilizer set too heavy in the first moto and got arm pump really bad, then I loosened it 2 clicks and didn't get arm pump in the second moto.

Recap 1st moto: Started in first gear doh! Made it to the corner 3 of us side by side and I ran out of track and had to let off.... I'm in 3rd next corner is a decent 90 degree sand corner stil in 3rd, next corner, decidion time, inside of outside, I go inside and get passed by 2 quads on the outside, wow that was a realy bad idea. ran in 5th up to the end of the 3rd lap tried to go over the tower jump in 5th and when I landed it stalled. the engine turned over, but wouldn't fire. I tried to start it but it wasn't firing, took at least 10 turns of the motor for it to fire (I need to go to the hotter plug). It finally fired and the kid on a white Z400 comes around me, I caught up to him but couldn't pass him and finished 6th.

2nd moto: Guy with the 30 board is running off the track, "oh ****, second gear", click. Everyone revs and the gate drops, blughhhh, stalled, dcamn thick clay not quite mud ****! Refire, I'm in 8th, pass 2 in the second corner and the kid on the white z400 is a little bit ahead of me. I charged right up onto his bumper in the whoops and then through the rythem section and passed him on the inside of a corner. That si where I finished the race. That Z didn't have the power too keep up with me going into and coming out of the corners.

things I learned, rubbing really is racing. IF I ever get into good enough shape to go all 5 laps hard I can win, I just have to work up to it. Be agressive, most kids racing won't slam into you when you take inside of a corner and "dive block them" and then throw a bunch of sand in their face, in fact they back off a whole lot (that 450r didn't want anything to do with me). oh yeah, and let go in the air, it makes your hands feel much better.