engine and tranny fuild

Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

Love hate relationship with redline, motor sitting for 4 weeks not started.....

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

Man, I hate tearing a motor down that has this in it. soooo messy.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, love-hate for sure!, thanks for posting that!!-- same as one here, except this one is the blue lightweight... But just think of the protection that provides, and you know, we are supposed to be cleaning all of that away anyway, even the other oils you can barely detect..biggrin.gif

dawzie

#14 Post by dawzie »

I'm a very happy Amsoil guy, call their rep and talk to them, they know about our Dales.

Those Redline pic's bring some questions to mind. When you first rebuild your motor and fill it with oil, how much oil sticks to parts and doesn't drain back to pump area ?? pump runs dry ?? no oil to pump/engine.

Now its cold out, you warm up your motor and it needs oil. You add oil, do some ice racing, hopefully win, come home and put the quad in the nice warm shop. Does this oil ever drain back enough to cause an overfull condition ??

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

Level in sight window always appears fine, but after a break-in period for the oil, it's stable with no significant rising noted over time?? I guess a little oil goes a long way, and the Redlines are much lower viscosity than 75-85w but still rated high for gearoil, and dependable flow at very cold start-ups...
Maybe the Amsoil adheres to parts also, as I recall from the site? any comments? Maybe it's just not so "colorful", like the "puke" green in Happyboy's pics!
Anyway, it's kind of nice to have a distinct different color in tranny anyway, to help early detect that dreaded "mixing" that can happen... I should switch for the Amsoil in motor at least I guess,
and can talk it up with other riders here -- maybe just one of us can buy for all of us..