spark plug?

bombsquad54

#11 Post by bombsquad54 »

dsracer, pull it with something, bump start it, press your start button right when you bump start it. after it starts to turn over by pulling and it will eventully start. lol

dsracer666

#12 Post by dsracer666 »

Originally posted by Lippy91
Youre going to want a battery tender.
Was your ATK the one  at classic motorsports?

yes

how can you hit the starter when bump starting it? the clutch needs to be pulled in for the starter to work? is there a trick I need to know:)

TheJaspMan

#13 Post by TheJaspMan »

They whole key to not fouling plugs is to never start with a low battery. When in doubt, jump it. Use a battery tender when possible.

The moment it won't start, stop cranking on it and either let it sit for a while, or jump it.

Pull starting is like throwing dice. Your number might come up, but the odds ar against you.

I changed five this winter during the winter series on my wifes quad. Between people trying to help my wife out and and the bitter cold they seemed to get fouled every weekend. I wasn't always around to start it the first time. But I am always the one to replace the plug. :mad:

dsracer666

#14 Post by dsracer666 »

wistech thanks for the tip about the back plastic!smile.gif

I just put a new plug in it and its on the tender!

and no I have not got the D&M kit yet. hopefully soon.

I took out a C8E and put in a CR9E is this ok?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

I agree with ****** DONT PULL YOUR QUAD to start it!If you put it on a trickle charger right away by the time you get the plug changed then jumper cables hooked up it will fire right up.Use your car or truck battery to jump start it no need to have engine on car running.

dsracer666

#16 Post by dsracer666 »

ya but theres on way to get the cables to the battery. (no room)
I already tryed that.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

You can clamp the negative to the frame and the positive to the battery terminal on the starter relay.

dsracer666

#18 Post by dsracer666 »

thanks guys I'm all set! smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#19 Post by TheJaspMan »

I put the ground on my shifter. When you hook them up, if it starts cranking over before you do anything then you have it on the wrong side of the relay. Not that I have ever done it. :drink:

MX Quad Dad

#20 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
I put the ground on my shifter. When you hook them up, if it starts cranking over before you do anything then you have it on the wrong side of the relay. Not that I have ever done it. :drink:

I use the engine mount bolt. I think useing the shifter may cause arcing between the shift shaft and case.

Also when I start a cold engine (Dale engine) I only crank for a couple seconds at a time, and give it enough time for the fuel pump to shut off between tries.

My son put the Moto on a car charger, set on 2amp and I later found out the rating on the car chargers are off. Needless to say it ruined the battery. After replaceing that battery we have never had the need to jump start it, and we never put it or my Speed on a tender.