ATK VR 450 in shootout

cdalemx301

#11 Post by cdalemx301 »

I heard a while back i forget who it was from but it was someone who had somethin to do with a magazine shootouts in any magazine are a joke the more advertisement a comp. has in themags the more they win... Z400 beat out the dale remember that? dale had no ads in the mag and zuki did...if a magzine is telling people your product sux are you gonne pay them money wouldnt make any sense now would it. all i have to say is it sounds like they talk the ATK down a lot which is unfair o well we all no the truth

Cdale_racer_669

#12 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

QUIT LISTENING AND FOLLOWING THE GOSSIP AND RIDE THE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer: :drink:

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

How can they even comment on the power characteristics? Don't they realize that they can be changed? I love the comments about starting. They actually tried giving it throttle while starting? They also mentioned that the hot start was nice for the honda when swapping machines. If they were still warm when swapping, the atk should have started right up with no problems. They said that the pred had the lightest front end also. Thats rediculous. The honda is extremely light in the front end just like the 400ex. Thats the first thing I noticed while riding one at Glamis. I wish you all wouldn't post stuff like this. I get upset and now I have to calm down before I go to bed.:mad:

jamiesel

#14 Post by jamiesel »

Having a hotstart? VS electric start? Honda should have neg marks for that. ATK rides way better then the Yamaha, Honda and Polaris. Yes the ATK costs more and for very good reason. It was a bad reveiw. Only thing I agree with is that it is not fair to compare upgraded suspention with stock. There is no way that the Japs can compare with that.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea they cant compare the shocks because Honda and Yamaha dont offer a optional shock.The kicker in the shock department was their comment that the shocks were too stiff!!Cmon a couple clicks and they could please darn near anyone.Only thing I saw negative about the ATK was that they should have taken better care setting it up.Loose tierod end and it did look like the toein was off.Then again maybe they should have given them the Moto to test.That is same thing as Polaris TLD!Naw maybe not the carnage of busted Hondas and Yamahas trying to keep up probably would have made it a X-rating:usa

theJeStEr1340

#16 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I think we should all write them letters asking why they do the shootouts and point out ther follies and see what they have to say about that.

oh yeaa. I like the pictures. smile.gif

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

After only getting through the ATK review, I had to quit. As you guys have pointed out, it was ridiculous. It's sad that it's allowed to be published and even worse that people will take it as the gospel.:mad:

pdavis

#18 Post by pdavis »

those shootouts are for the uniformed consumer undecided about buying a new quad, and like nrath stated it is taken as gospel, the final shootout results coincide with the dollar amounts companies spend on advertising, if yamaha spends the most, they win. if honda spent the most THEY win.
they are a waste of time and effort for anyone who already owns a quad, regardless of what brand you own

Dave E

#19 Post by Dave E »

Just spoke with Frank White about this article. what we don't see in online article but is in the paper edition are the numbers. Fastes lap times , Fastest in a drag race ect....

theJeStEr1340

#20 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by Dave E
Just spoke with Frank White about this article. what we don't see in online article but is in the paper edition are the numbers. Fastes lap times , Fastest in a drag race ect....

The ATK was fastest in everythign excpet 0-20, where is was beat by.3 seconds.