Anyone tried the Rekluse autoclutch?

Motoman440

#11 Post by Motoman440 »

Yeah, I got one in my 450R. I like it and I don't like it. If I had electric start I would not want it at all. There is some maintenance as far as the constant monitoring of the "Install Gap" and regardless of your riding type you will be rebuilding your clutch at least once a year. For extreme racers / riders it could be more often then that. I have had mine in since Sept 04 and have only had to adjust my install gap a few times. You do this by replacing a worn fiber / steel plate with new ones, etc. Other than that it has performed flawlessly (sp). I will say that it does work!!! I installed it because I do not have electric start and its a pain to try and kick-start the bike while on a hill climb or in a nasty area where you would usually stall your quad. One real positive thing is you still have use of your clutch and it becomes extremly easy to pull in!!! I can use my pinky finger with no problem to pull in the clutch and it still operates as usual. Also, I would recommend getting the external adjustment as well. This will help you fine-tune your clutch and it appears to help, by keeping it adjusted correctly, to extend the life of your fiber and steel plates.

Exodus

#12 Post by Exodus »

I rode with one on Colby's 450r. I liked it, I tried to stall it and I didnt think it was possible. Dusty did manage to stall it in a race and that was the only time I heard her say anything negative about it. The fault came with the muddy conditions getting into the cable. I havent heard any issues other than that. I know I would buy one if I had the green.