Are these worth anything?

kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

Sorry guys, these are not for sale. They are going on three motors I am updating & or rebuilding. This started off on April 1st as a kind-of April fool's joke, but there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. I have heard there is someone interested in possibly making these for real. No BS, If I hear more I will let you guys know. How does under $150 sound for same quality as original?

Keep your fingers crossed.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

It would be nice to have alternatives. Maybe instead of making them the high priced way(billet) I wonder if they could be cast like they were originally. Except in high temp plastic ,aluminum,carbon fiber ect . If its going to cost more than $100 each I will stick with repairing the mag ones which works just fine.

Jaybr

#13 Post by Jaybr »

They look just like the ones on both my motors:)

kdeal

#14 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by wistech
It would be nice to have alternatives.  Maybe instead of making them the high priced way(billet)  I wonder if they could be cast like they were originally. Except in high temp plastic ,aluminum,carbon fiber ect .  If its going to cost more than $100 each I will stick with repairing the mag ones which works just fine.

They supposedly are going to be casted in aluminum similar to the stockers. Unfortunately, you can't make just a few at a time. Usually you are making a hundred or more at a time.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

I was thinking about calling my old high school because they had a small foundry in the metals shop. It would be cool if the kids could get some real projects to cast instead of those stupid anvils I had to make.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

How about just machining the outside edge and then having a plate over the whole top which is removable.(easy valve checks)?

USAMoto00

#17 Post by USAMoto00 »

That was a rough teaser Ken. Do those come in blue? lol j/k:usa

kdeal

#18 Post by kdeal »

Brian,

It will someday. I'm thinking of polishing it and anondizing it blue.......

USAMoto00

#19 Post by USAMoto00 »

I believe that you would do that too!:clap: Too bad nobody would be able to see it on the quad though huh?tongue.gif :usa

haydug

Re: Are these worth anything?

#20 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by kdeal
These don't burn as bright as the old magnesium ones do in the campfire, are these worth anything? LOL

I sold the last 3 I had for $25, so I guess you got $75 laying there! That would take the family out to dinner, and maybe a movie. :drink: