drag race's

NRath

Now, Now, Children...

#11 Post by NRath »

A huge factor is going to be the riders. That's the bottom line. All the bike's are fast and you have to be on top of your game to beat them. If your sleeping, they'll take you. I've beaten a good running Toomey piped 'shee 2/3, and the third was a tie. I've beaten Raptors, YFZ's, and 450R's all on a Cannibal with a stock pipe. And, I've been beaten by a nearly stock YFZ and a stock 450R. In addition, every engine isn't as fast as the next. One stock YFZ can certainly be faster than another. All you can do is go for it. Get good at launching and quicker at shifting. If you can do that, you'll knock some people off.

And come on Rookie!!! A Z400??!!!!!! Give me a break, man. Those things are pooches, period!

twisted

#12 Post by twisted »

Thanks again for the replie's, I was looking around and saw that a banshee has 37hp stock and a cannibal has 38 stock, except the one im getting has hmf and different mapping, so it should be at 40 right?

Anyway im pretty good rider, considering with my modded warrior I took a stock dvx on the road, and almost a stock cr125. Im pretty good dragger, been dragging for 2 summers just localy.

cdrookie

Re: Now, Now, Children...

#13 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by NRath
A huge factor is going to be the riders.  That's the bottom line.  All the bike's are fast and you have to be on top of your game to beat them.  If your sleeping, they'll take you.  I've beaten a good running Toomey piped 'shee 2/3, and the third was a tie.  I've beaten Raptors, YFZ's, and 450R's all on a Cannibal with a stock pipe.  And, I've been beaten by a nearly stock YFZ and a stock 450R.  In addition, every engine isn't as fast as the next.  One stock YFZ can certainly be faster than another.  All you can do is go for it.  Get good at launching and quicker at shifting.  If you can do that, you'll knock some people off.

And come on Rookie!!!  A Z400??!!!!!! Give me a break, man.  Those things are pooches, period!

it was a kfx400 really. a stock cannibal ain't nothing to write home about either...

NRath

#14 Post by NRath »

Maybe my KFX is one of the slow ones, but my Cannibal would walk it easily. Using 3/4 throttle MIGHT make a race out of it. And that's based on drag racing them, not riding and swapping bikes. The throttle response and torque is no where near the same. I'd have to guess if you were getting beat by one, it must not have been stock.

And there's barely more than a breath of difference between a stocker and a piped/remapped one. The biggest difference is the noise! Yeah, there's 3-5 horsepower, but that's only about a 10% increase. That's really not very much. A person's head plays as much a part of thinking a pipe brings it alive as the pipe does. A properly tuned stocker is definitely a quad that shouldn't be taken lightly.

wanablaze

#15 Post by wanablaze »

I don't know how much difference in power there is between a cannibal and a moto, but I've had great success drag racing my moto. When it was stock it definitely ran well, but it didn't take long to change airhorns and maps, and eventually a custom airbox. I don't have a problem taking down modded predators or Raptors, either. At least so far I haven't.

3rd gear start!

cdrookie

#16 Post by cdrookie »

the kfx was bone stock. so was my dale, calibrations were right on. there's a little grass oval type of track over home we race around on. i was loosing ground every lap, too much wheel spin. my other buddy rode my dale and wasn't the least bit impressed, said his kfx with a DMC Alien complete exhaust was impressive. after riding his machine i was amazed at it's throttle response. but after a slip on, remapping, and regearing, his kfx now seems underpowered. it still runs good but isn't in the same league as the dale. i'll agree mapping and slip on will only yeild a few hp, but regearing to my riding style is what, i feel, makes the most improvement. 13/42 with those small diameter trail wolfs was way too low for my fat:w:

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

fat, huh? Not hardly! Unless you've gained some weight!!

On a small course, more power can definitely hurt. I'm confident that if there's a big enough straight away to grab a handful of throttle you'd have been eating him up. I was still thinking drag racing, too.

And it just hit me, when I was dragging againsst my cannibal, the 'dale did hace a slip on on it with a Blaze map. Regardless, on my KFX, the power difference is very noticable even by the seat of the pants feel. When you pin it, it just doesn't go like a 'dale. I'm sitting there waiting for the power to come on. A pipe may open it up significantly, I don't know. I hope so for all those Kawazuki owners!

TheJaspMan

#18 Post by TheJaspMan »

Anyone ever heard of some idiot flipping his Cannondale during a drag race? :cry:

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

I uhm heard about that one.Gotta slow down sometime huh?

TheJaspMan

#20 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I uhm heard about that one.Gotta slow down sometime huh?

I suppose. In that guys defense, if there was one bump that wasn't marked it was THAT one!