Ever seen these

cannondale27

#101 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Oct 1 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's some photo.

Are they standard Ohlins shocks on the front?

Thanks. Standard Ohlins with FOX adjustable bottles and my valving.

cannondale27

#102 Post by cannondale27 »

Pump had been holding 30-40psi overnight so I thought all was good. Wrong. It failed me 1 hr or so into a ride I have been looking forward to for a long time. Stock is going back on and I will source a new pump and put whole setup on my race quad. I can't afford to be testing on the trail quad since I need to count on it for long rides in middle of nowhere.

cannondale27

#103 Post by cannondale27 »

Update:Wasn't the pump. I had a bung welded on the exhaust couple days ago. In doing so I disconnected the stator and regulator for safety. Must have had a bad connection because it was not charging. Cleaned connections and good to go now! I did notice the quad was turning over real slow when I had pump troubles. But, it still started. Eventually battery was drained and quad wouldn't start. A Voltmeter, small set of jumper cables and a minute to clean connections would have had me going again. Will add that to my trailquad survival pack for sure. Probably attach voltmeter where I can watch it since I do run with lights on trailriding.

marshall100

#104 Post by marshall100 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 1 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks. Standard Ohlins with FOX adjustable bottles and my valving.

Ah, I just saw the springs, the rezzies are well hidden. I would have had mine done but the shipping etc was a knightmare etc...

I think you might have done some work on the ones boomer sent you that are working their way over here........?

cannondale27

#105 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh yes. GT Thunder shocks. I was impressed with thier adjustability. Am curious as to how well they work. Had a rather long secondary spring so may be a little soft but from adjustability I saw I think you can make them work well!

marshall100

#106 Post by marshall100 »

Excellant! can't wait to try them and will report back here. Bound to be an improvement over the speeds Ohlins which I've put up with for a season.