Atheism????

cannondale27

#101 Post by cannondale27 »

You cannot say that the Isrealis are the chosen people AND then on other hand say that salvation is a gift that ALL can have.The bible if taken word for word is full of contradictions.When I say I believe all good believers will be saved I mean Muslims,Buddhists,Iraqi's,Iranians,Black,white,whatever.Obviously Isreal and us by supporting them are the focal point of most of these people.They cannot be totally wrong in blaming Isreal for alot of their problems.I have a hard time not feeling sympothy for people who are willing to put thier lives in mortal danger fighting tanks and superweapons with rocks.They may be wrong but must believe 100% they are right.I think they will be forgiven if they are wrong.That said why cant Isreal be relocated here or even Canada who also is a big supporter just to avoid these confrontations?Or is it that they are reading the scripture and taking it literally forcing it to happen in THIER time rather than Gods time?If that is so they and us are just as guilty as the Radical Muslims who kill themselves with bombs shouting Allah is great.

aroracer72

#102 Post by aroracer72 »

I base my oppinnions on commen sense and just what feels right to me and all the proof we've ever discovered as mankind combined with what we cant explain.
Chad

jwheat

#103 Post by jwheat »

What about forgiveness vs. sins? A person lives his whole life by the Bible and has a minimal amount of sins and goes to Heaven, right? What about a person who steals, lies and cheats...... maybe even commits murder or rape and then gets "saved" by finding Christ..... he goes to Heaven too? What's the cut-off? How much sin is too much and how old is too late to live by God's laws? If you can go to Heaven at anytime just by accepting Jesus, why not do what you want to do until you're old?

Who's job is it to interpret the Bible? Who do we believe? Catholics? Baptist? Methodist? Episciples (Cathlolic Light)? Mormons? Etc........

What if I live my life by the Baptist interpretation and the Catholic way is the right one...... do I still go to Heaven?

Why haven't the Dead Sea Scrolls been added to the Bible? Surely they have been around long enough to qualify?

Wasn't there a Book of Mary that was left out of the Bible? Are women not allowed to write about God?

Why was King James allowed to redo the Bible to his liking? Can I redo it to mine?

Smitty911

#104 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 2 2007, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You cannot say that the Isrealis are the chosen people AND then on other hand say that salvation is a gift that ALL can have. This is what the Bible says, Salvation is from the Jews, this means that the Savior Jesus Christ will be a descendant of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. These men God made a promise to, though their family the Savior would be born. The Bible says clearly in several places that "ALL", "everyone" can have salvation. That is Jew and Gentile.

The bible if taken word for word is full of contradictions. I have not found any when taken in context of time, place, people, could you give me one to research?

When I say I believe all good believers will be saved I mean Muslims, Buddhists, Iraqi's, Iranians, Black, white, whatever. Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the light, NO MAN comes to the Father except thoughME." Muslims deny that Jesus was God in the flesh, and that God could not have a son, and Jesus didn't die on the cross. Buddhist deny that Jesus was God in the flesh. Reincarnation - The Bible says Man is to live once, die and than be judged. Mormons belief is that you can be God one day and have your own planet to populate. JW's Deny Jesus is God in the flesh. Iranians, Iraqi's, black, white, whatever - If any of these DENY that Jesus is God in the Flesh, Died on the cross for their sins, and was resurrected on the third day, they won't make it. I'm not saying it, I don't get to choose, God said it in the Bible.

Obviously Israel and us by supporting them are the focal point of most of these people.They cannot be totally wrong in blaming Israel for a lot of their problems.Why do you think that?I have a hard time not feeling sympathy for people who are willing to put their lives in mortal danger fighting tanks and super weapons with rocks. I do as well, I feel pity for them that they are so close but refuse to see the obvious. They may be wrong but must believe 100% they are right.I agree, You can be sincere, but you can also be sincerely wrong. I think they will be forgiven if they are wrong.That has no Biblical support. That is why - that point right there, that makes me talk about GOD and what he said in the BIBLE. That said why cant Israel be relocated here or even Canada who also is a big supporter just to avoid these confrontations? God gave them the land a couple of thousand years ago, The Jews have not had a homeland for almost 2000 years and they were still persecuted for no good reason. (Hitler, etc.) Or is it that they are reading the scripture and taking it literally forcing it to happen in THEIR time rather than Gods time? Judaism does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah, so they are waiting for his first coming, Jesus filled each and everyone of the Messianic prophecies about the Messiah. He is coming for the second time.

If that is so they and us are just as guilty as the Radical Muslims who kill themselves with bombs shouting Allah is great.
The Jews are not the problem, the problem currently, the Muslims want to Kill the Jews as talked about in the quran. In the quran it mentions that even the rocks will call out that a Jew is behind it so that jew can be killed. some Islam information Spend a little time on this site and get an idea of what Islam is really about in the world. I have been to there mosque and talked to Imans and they say one thing here(U.S.) and don't speak out about the terror that Mohammad followers are supposed to do. It is not the Jews starting the trouble. You will learn why at that site, only one of many sources of information.

'27

Please do not think I am picking on you. You are making the statements that lot's of people make. Before I became a Christian, I made the same ones. When you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior and than read the Bible it is like the blinders were taken off. It has been called a living book.

I will respond to each of you statements above in Dark Blue.

I hope you are getting a little information out of this. biggrin.gif

Smitty

Smitty911

#105 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (aroracer72 @ Feb 2 2007, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I base my opinions on common sense and just what feels right to me and all the proof we've ever discovered as mankind combined with what we cant explain.
Chad

Chad,

I used to do that as well. What used to feel right to me was getting Drunk, Chasing women, lying, bad language.

How do we know that what feels right today, will feel wrong in the morning? With age comes wisdom, some from mistakes we make in our past. The Truth will feel right every morning. Have you ever looked yourself in the mirror (eye contact) and thought about something that you may have done wrong? That little voice, I believe is God talking to you telling you, you made a mistake. Conviction of wrong.

What has mankind discovered that allows us to live a more moral life? What are morals with out a standard? What makes your standard correct? What would make mine correct? Have you ever changed your mind?

Common Sense - isn't common. Your common sense could by others be called foolishness. Could you give me an example of your common sense?

Not picking on you as I believe you are sincere in your statements.

Thanks

Smitty

jwheat

#106 Post by jwheat »

I know you're still working on answers to my last questions, but your answers to 27's questions have brought more questions to mind.

What if a child is born and raised in a non-christian country by a non christian family and has never been taught about Jesus and has never even heard of him....... is he/she condemned also? If so, that doesn't seem like a very passionate and forgiving God to me. And if I understand your answers above correctly, then that is what will happen to that child. Why would God or any other god create life just so he could save a portion of it while destroying the rest. I have six children and I would not trade any of them for the other. As much as I love and miss Chris(my oldest son) I still would not turn my back on my other children to save him. Each of my children are unique and special to me and each of them will do something in their lives that greatly dissapoints me..... but I will still love them. I may not like them at times, but I will always love and help them when they need me. I think any true parent would.

Smitty911

#107 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Feb 2 2007, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about forgiveness vs. sins? What is sin? Sin is anything outside of Gods Laws. See 10 commandments (Not 10 suggestions)

A person lives his whole life by the Bible and has a minimal amount of sins and goes to Heaven, right? That is not what the Bible says. The Bible says "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." This means that everyone does not deserve to go to heaven. (Read my Paint analogy) They have to pay for their sins. Jesus dieing on the cross chose to pay for your sins, even before you did them. That's LOVE, even the worst thing you and I have ever done was paid for by Jesus death on the cross. He took our sins on Himself already knowing what you and I would do. The Law (10 Commandments) were given to man to show that they could not do it on their own and that they needed a savior.

What about a person who steals, lies and cheats...... maybe even commits murder or rape and then gets "saved" by finding Christ..... he goes to Heaven too? That is what the Bible says. When someone dies, they stand before God. ("to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.") God will see if they are paying for their sins, or if they have allowed Jesus's Death on the cross pay for them. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in Him will have ever lasting life." Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, [who is] holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; Hebrews 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, [maketh] the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. This shows that Jesus by living a perfect sinless life was able to pay for our sins. Jesus tells a story of workers that he hires for the day, some work 8 hours for say $10.00, some come later and work 4 hours for $10.00 and some come later still and only work 2hours for $10.00, What does it matter when you came and worked the point is you came and you worked for an agreed upon amount. The only one being taken advantage of is the one paying our the money. If you being loved by God being taken advantage of.

What's the cut-off? One sin, causes you and me to be separated from God. So any more is irrelevant. How much sin is too much and how old is too late to live by God's laws? If we could live by the 10 commandments than we wouldn't have needed a Savior. Your never to old to accept Christ as Lord, The Bible has several stories about the Lost one coming home. (Prodigal Son, Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, etc.) God is happy when a sinner repents (quits doing the sins and lives for Him).

If you can go to Heaven at anytime just by accepting Jesus, why not do what you want to do until you're old? Great question, let me ask you How long will you be alive? How far down the street do you go the wrong way before you turn around (repent = simply turning around and going with God, instead of against God.).
Who's job is it to interpret the Bible?Yours, with Gods helpWho do we believe? God, he is faithful and will not fail you. Catholics? Baptist? Methodist? Episciples (Catholic LightGood One, biggrin.gif )? Mormons? Etc........ Catholics, Baptist, Methodist, Protestant, are all Christian, they all believe in the essentials of Christianity, Jesus death on the cross for your sins, buried and resurrected on the 3rd day. They dis-agree on some non-essentials Bands in Church, ways to baptize, a couple of other silly things. Mormans, JW's, Islam, all deny Christ and contradict the Bible on the Essential areas. I could go on all day about the differences and why they are "Christian Cults". Christian Cults Information If you spend some time there you will see that the ones listed teach things not in the Bible.

What if I live my life by the Baptist interpretation and the Catholic way is the right one...... do I still go to Heaven? Yes, we agree on the Essentials, Jesus is God, he died on the cross for our sins, he was raised on teh third day.
Why haven't the Dead Sea Scrolls been added to the Bible? Surely they have been around long enough to qualify? They have and they do, the Dead Sea scrolls found in Cumron, verify that the Bible we are reading today is 98% accurate with what they had back 2000 years ago. Pretty awesome.

Wasn't there a Book of Mary that was left out of the Bible? Yes Are women not allowed to write about God? Of course they are and they have, But to make the Bible there is certain requirements that must be meet. (from www.carm.org http://www.carm.org/lost/intro_noncanonical.htm )The additional books were not included in the Bible for several reasons. They lacked apostolic or prophetic authorship, they did not claim to be the Word of God; they contain unbiblical concepts such as prayer for the dead in 2 Macc. 12:45-46; or have some serious historical inaccuracies. You can go to the site and read each of them if you would like.

Why was King James allowed to redo the Bible to his liking? Can you show where he changed anything? http://www.carm.org/seek/reliable.htm Please read the links, that will save me alot of typing. smile.gif Can I redo it to mine? Do you have one? What would you change? Why would you change it?

JWHEAT,

I have to learn to type faster to get to you. laugh.gif

Responses in Dark blue.

Smitty

aroracer72

#108 Post by aroracer72 »

Heres were my ideas come into play.,.....

Sins and clean people....well....there afterlife are determined by this....there is no defined ehaven or ****...but rather i think your afterlife reflects on your biggest moments in your life may thegm be good or bad...and makes you either feel better about your choices or rubs them in your face till you create your own **** of guilt.
Chad

Smitty911

#109 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Feb 2 2007, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know you're still working on answers to my last questions, but your answers to 27's questions have brought more questions to mind.

What if a child is born and raised in a non-Christian country by a non Christian family and has never been taught about Jesus and has never even heard of him....... is he/she condemned also? If so, that doesn't seem like a very passionate and forgiving God to me. I agree, but he is a just and righteous God and will do what is Just and Right. And if I understand your answers above correctly, then that is what will happen to that child. God knows what is on the hearts of people, he knows them, The Bible says I wove you together in the womb. Why would God or any other god create life just so he could save a portion of it while destroying the rest. God calls calls everyone, I Timothy 2:3b-4 "God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" Revelation 3:20 "Here I am ! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in." I have six children and I would not trade any of them for the other. As much as I love and miss Chris(my oldest son) I still would not turn my back on my other children to save him. Each of my children are unique and special to me and each of them will do something in their lives that greatly disappointed me..... but I will still love them. Now, put yourself in Gods place and speak for Him for a moment and see how he might feel when Millions of people have rejected him. I may not like them at times, but I will always love and help them when they need me. I think any true parent would. I agree with you, My son is a recovering Meth abuser. He knows the Gospel, and chooses to walk away. He is coming back around and I pray that no permanent damage has been done.

JWHEAT,

I have really got to type faster. LOL

You have hit on the nerve. This reason you stated is one of the reasons people CHOOSE not to believe in God. Your other points are of course in Dark Blue.

What about those who have never heard the Gospel?

That is a good question. The Bible says that God is a just God. We know that whatever He does is right. When it comes to those who have never heard the Gospel, He will do what is right, whatever that is. But as for you, you have heard the Gospel and He will judge you according to how you respond. He is calling you to repentance, to turn from sin and come to Him.

Romans 2:11-16 speaks about those who have never heard the Law of God, and how they will be judged according to the law that is written in their hearts. The Law written in their hearts is the knowledge of right and wrong. Perhaps God's judgment of those without a proper knowledge of Him is included there where it says that they will be judged according to their own consciences that "bear witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them." All I know is that God will do what is right, and the only way to have your sins forgiven is through Jesus.

I copied and pasted this but I have read several others statements that I agree with. One of the things that I ask some of the guys at work who bring this up, is you have been told, first answer the question yourself, If than you still feel strongly about the Gospel not reaching someone, go on a mission trip and spread the word around. I would like to start going on mission trips and one of the things I hope God Blesses me with is that ability.

Smitty911

#110 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (aroracer72 @ Feb 2 2007, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres were my ideas come into play.,.....

Sins and clean people....well....there afterlife are determined by this....there is no defined ehaven or ****...but rather i think your afterlife reflects on your biggest moments in your life may thegm be good or bad...and makes you either feel better about your choices or rubs them in your face till you create your own **** of guilt.
Chad

Chad,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Whether you believe in something or not does not change the fact of its existence. Jesus spoke often of **** (Matt. 25:41-46; Mark 9:47-48; Luke 16:19-31), and warned us so we would not go there. Would you say Jesus didn't know what He was talking about?

The Bible seems to disagree with you. What good would it do to "feel better or worse" about your past that you cannot change? What is the point? Who or what would be rubbing them in your face? How is your past recorded? What about the little points in your life, where you put the spider outside instead of Killing it? If you think it's ok to steal things and I don't: Who is right? If you think it's OK to run red lights and I don't: who is right. It's very subjective. Hitler thought it was right to kill millions of Jews. Was he right?

Guilt only shows you that you are sinning, and that you need a savior. I'm not saying your wrong, but in looking at your beliefs those are the questions that MUST be answered. For your benefit not mine, I have the answers to those questions.

I look forward to your responses.

Smitty