Honduh's

John Thomas

#111 Post by John Thomas »

Im not talking about 2500 hp mustangs. Why don't you see what type of fuel injection is used and how designed. They are using the best fi technology has to offer. Also it is hard to inform when a bunch of uneducated idots chime in. I have experience with both and not any of you all do. So I have the upper hand here. My experience with both systems on the cdale has proven what needs to be done. Just because it is an efi system does not give it full credibility. How many of you have tested a FCR carb. Common atleast one................................You must also undersand it is hard to list to those how have obviously not tried experienced or witnessed any of the above. I was just following the flow of the conversation, like say the first 80 or so post. I just took it from there. I don't need any validation as I know I am right because I have tested both side by side. For that matter against many dales with multiple engine configurations. And dont throw a 60hp banshee in the convo as any 450 4stroke will take a highly moded banshee off of the line until your *** gets passed. My carbed cdale took a trinity 535 banshee with 125 hp for atleast 20 ft off the line..............so.....then he smoked my *** by say 50 bike lenghts.

IRONSIDE

#112 Post by IRONSIDE »

I don't think you can assume the people here who have posted are uneducated or lack experience . To make matters worse, I do happen to have the carb you are referring to. It's on my 250R. So where does that leave us?

parks9

#113 Post by parks9 »

what have i missed in this thread? its too **** long to read...

John Thomas

#114 Post by John Thomas »

I would still go back and say that the reason the FCR is better would be because of airflow, not fuel delivery.

Thanks happyboy you made my point. I never said anything about fuel delivery now...........don't put words in my mouth. And you stated it would be better......thanks. Of course increased airflow is the hp producer.........Can't you come up with any other conclusions? Hint if the efi had more air velocity you could re calibrate the cpu to adjust and get the same effect or better. But there is no aftermarket company that would risk financial to develop a better manifold. Im telling you Contact Venom and they will sell you some new injector made to produce over 50 hp.

parks9

#115 Post by parks9 »

sounds sensible to me...

John Thomas

#116 Post by John Thomas »

I guarantee you do not have a FCR carb on your 250r. A fcr carb is for a 4stroke and works nothing like what a 2stroke carb does. Your engine would not even run with that carb. Just to let you know it is the same carb on the yzf and crf 450 dirt bikes.

IRONSIDE

#117 Post by IRONSIDE »

I was reffering to the slide type carb.

John Thomas

#118 Post by John Thomas »

Not even close to the same thing, completely different applications.

IRONSIDE

#119 Post by IRONSIDE »

Good come back though. I don't think I've heard that in about thirty years.

Exodus

#120 Post by Exodus »

OK, I know your right your right, oh how silly of me not to bow and acknowledge the incredible John Thomas. For crying out loud, if your so convinced run it. If you can prove it, prove it. So far all I see is bullsh!t. I have an open mind on this, but your loosing any respect I have for you in how you want to talk to other people.

If you can prove it, show it, post a dyno, some pics, lets see this ingenious method that Cannondale somehow forgot, or wasnt smart enough to come up with. LETS SEE IT!!!!