Indy Dealer Show

cannondale27

#111 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that is interesting. We have been wanting a slide type TB for awhile. Should be a advantage. Who knows maybe Dirtwheels or someone saw the response to their first article and decided to do the right thing. Glad they did and now everyone can focus on the good things they are doing. While keeping an eye on them though for sure.

jesshamner

#112 Post by jesshamner »

Steve, I don't trust them either. But it is so early! I honestly feel like we're seeing the inner workings of a startup that we don't normally get to see. There is all kinds of inside information being passed around on this forum and others. The general public doesn't even know what they're looking at yet. I just don't want people to completely dismiss a new machine when it is so early in a company's development.

By the way, most of the "general public" can't spot a 250r kit cannondale on the track either. I hear comments about that old 250r running with the new 4 strokes. LOL.

Dachshund

#113 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 24 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have been wanting a slide type TB for awhile.Should be a advantage.

Actually dirt wheels is incorrect here. It is a rotary. It appears to be like a ball valve, only cylindrical, although you would only need half the ball.

Jess, I just tell em "Its a super high top secret Honda prototype." blink.gif

jesshamner

#114 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Feb 24 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually dirt wheels is incorrect here. It is a rotary. It appears to be like a ball valve, only cylindrical, although you would only need half the ball.

Jess, I just tell em "Its a super high top secret Honda prototype." blink.gif

Now that's funny!

kdeal

#115 Post by kdeal »

I'm putting this motor in my Dale....

[attachment=10003:GP500_white_2.jpg]

Happyboy

#116 Post by Happyboy »

Holy crap all you people are so negative. We wonder whats wrong with society today and this is it. Someone comes up with something new and all that people see are the negatives. How about we root them on and wish them luck but until you see one at the dyno quit your bitching about their claims. Who cares what they claim. Once its on the market if the claim is bs then everyone will know pretty fast.

There is one thing you all can be pretty sure of and that there is no way the highland guys or Trav are going to come on here or cannondaler and talk about this topic. Not after the welcome they have received. This type of negativity and talk belongs over on exriders, not here.

cannondale27

#117 Post by cannondale27 »

Did you not notice that I am happy now?

joedirt

#118 Post by joedirt »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Feb 24 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm putting this motor in my Dale....

[attachment=10003:GP500_white_2.jpg]

That looks fast!

SlOoT

#119 Post by SlOoT »

Ah, I remember that engine, makes more then 100HP laugh.gif

Also available in a 600cc version.

btw, a local tuning company here has a single cilinder, 500cc ducati engine that produces 90HP at the rear wheels. It's used in a race bike, and it's all about high RPM power.

That engine has a 56mm oval TB, I wonder what that will do on a dale engine...

UpsMan

#120 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Feb 24 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy crap all you people are so negative. We wonder whats wrong with society today and this is it. Someone comes up with something new and all that people see are the negatives. How about we root them on and wish them luck but until you see one at the dyno quit your bitching about their claims. Who cares what they claim. Once its on the market if the claim is bs then everyone will know pretty fast.

There is one thing you all can be pretty sure of and that there is no way the highland guys or Trav are going to come on here or cannondaler and talk about this topic. Not after the welcome they have received. This type of negativity and talk belongs over on exriders, not here.

No Happyboy, this is not what is wrong with society today. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical. These are some bold claims and bold plans that Highland has. Why would they not come here and try to convince us they have what it takes to succeed? Especially if we are the target customer. Who are they planning on selling these to anyway? Not the kids over on ex-riders. They don't have the money. These aren't going to be cheap. If these guys are as gung ho and ballsy as it appears, surely they can take a little internet critisism. Not only take it, but welcome it. All this attention is free publicity. Cannondale people should be skeptical after what has went on the last few years with another company with big plans that just didn't ever seem to pan out. I hope this company succeeds. I'm sure these guys have big enough balls that they aren't put off buy this forum topic. In fact, I bet they are happy there is a lot of passion here. It may translate into sales.