Honduh's

Exodus

#121 Post by Exodus »

And just to fair here, who siad IRONSIDE doesnt have a four storke in his 250r. If you want stupidity or errogance, you should be looking in the mirror. Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups and makes an a$$ of yourself.

cannondale27

#122 Post by cannondale27 »

Well in my racing experience especially TT tight corners coming off the apex when a carbed bike hits the gas and my injected bike hits the gas mine wins everytime.Maybe only for a couple feet but no way a carb responds as fast as fuelinjection.Only reason carb responds at all is the dumping of fuel from accelerator pump.Yes timing is also controlled by the FCR on Yamaha but how is that adapted to our system?John did you ever come up with where to get those reports you were talking of?Who are you also?Louis Hughes?TiMan?Same person?

John Thomas

#123 Post by John Thomas »

Hey you all are taking shots at my comments about the carb im just responding to your lack of knowledge on the topic. The only two who have good knowledge and info were happyboy who seems to know his stuff and jwheat. All the others who commented are off a bit but thats ok. That is why we discuss these things. Also don't forget happyboy started this by reffering to my comments and other as boneheads. So I decided to expand the topic and show his name calling was uncalled for. There are other that have extensive knowledge in this area. You might not like my ideas but everything I have talked about I have done. Most have not used a FCR carb and have no right to discredit what I have accomplished. EFI no efi, numbers are number. And yes I am a fiery guy. I can debate and my head gets hot when others make low intelligent comments. so excuse some of the banter.

cannondale27

#124 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is Winkys carb thread.Kind of sounded like reason it was done was because Winky wasnt as comfortable tuning fuel injection as he was tuning a carb.Very understandable.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...=&threadid=3102

John Thomas

#125 Post by John Thomas »

I researched the Quartly reports at the business library when I was in college about 18 months ago. It was on thier computer resources for financial reports. They are public knowledge and available to the public. Go to any business library at a university and ask the person at the information desk where you can find archived quarterly reports. They should be willing to help. All you should need is cdales corporate name and stock abreviation.

cannondale27

#126 Post by cannondale27 »

Also question I had as to the TPS sensor on FCR carb.How is it interfaced with our timing system since this feature is one of the top reasons a FCR carb is used?

cannondale27

#127 Post by cannondale27 »

I will try that.Is any of the info on quarterly reports online?

John Thomas

#128 Post by John Thomas »

There should be a public resource but I don't know what the database is called. The library had it as a seperate resource for research purposes. Or if you want to evaluate stock.

Exodus

#129 Post by Exodus »

John Thomas, it is possible to use an FCR carb on a two stroke. Not very fessible and there would be no gain in hp, but it is possible. The four stroke game is fairly new to me, but I have been around two strokes along time, and I have yet to a carb that cant be put on a two stroke. It might be a worhtless endeavor but its doable. I do have some questions for on how to mount a FCR to a Cannondale. What did you use for ignition? I would think timing would be an issue with that FCR carb. And have you ever tried a Lectron carb in place of an FCR to easy in tunability?

cannondale27

#130 Post by cannondale27 »

I am going to make a new post in R&D for carb conversions.I will move all the good info there and delete the rest of this thread.O.K?Seems to make sense to me.