Honduh's

John Thomas

#131 Post by John Thomas »

I read his carb thread and it is two years old. But he had two points, he got better performance with carb than with the injectors. He also went on to say he learned better mapping and found injectors that atomize better. that is what im talking about. Get better components within the cdale efi system and it will infact out perform the carb, I agee with that. Where do we get these injectors. I would love to try a set on a cdale and see if it does infact close the HP gap.

cannondale27

#132 Post by cannondale27 »

I have been trying different injectors but biggest issue is fit.Not much room for them.Check out R&D threads.

cannondale27

#133 Post by cannondale27 »

Just got rid of personal attacks and swearing as best I could.If this were a thing involving some wrong doing or something of that sort I would not have censored it.But it was just a Honda vs Dale,carb vs injection thing.Lighten up no need to call names just because of a opinion.

Happyboy

#134 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by John Thomas
Thanks happyboy you made my point.  I never said anything about fuel delivery now...........don't put words in my mouth.  And you stated it would be better......thanks.  Of course increased airflow is the hp producer.........Can't you come up with any other conclusions?  Hint if the efi had more air velocity you could re calibrate the cpu to adjust and get the same effect or better.  But there is no aftermarket company that would risk financial to develop a better manifold.  Im telling you Contact Venom and they will sell you some new injector made to produce over 50 hp.

John you contradict yourself here.
[i]I never said anything about fuel delivery......Im telling you Contact Venom and they will sell you some new injector made to produce over 50 hp.

You have been saying since post 1 that the FCR carb produced better HP than our EFI. But, you agree that its not the EFI but instead the better manifold. So, why do you keep going back to the EFI. You even mention later that the different injectors do the trick. Again, a contridiction. I would rather you stick to a line and take it. Better air flow or better gas flow. Which one is it? If you are talking gas flow then I would disagree. If you are talking atomization then lets look at that. I still think your observation of a HP increase comes down to 1 thing and 1 thing only. Better air flow into the system. And that my friend is what others have been working on improving.

Good old Abbot has messed with removing the airbox all together and he did see an improvement. Tim has modified the airbox and throttle body and seen an improvement.

Don't sit back and say that we are thinking the setup it perfect because we know it is not. And instead of sitting around waiting for a company to fix it for us this community has come together and made improvements on its own. Name another group that is in this type of situation. We have no company that is making strides for us. We have been abandoned and instead of just taking it laying down and dieing we have taken a stand and built and are still building a new and improved machine. Noone else has done this and I hope that noone else has to.

cdalerider75

#135 Post by cdalerider75 »

I like my '02 speed, would not change a thing!!! :usa

It is funny with products....

Company "A" comes up with a product, might not be the best.. but has something great about it. Next thing happens is other companies "B", "C" including the market copies (because they HAVE TO, the buzz regarding what made the product of company "A" so great controls the market) the great idea while improving that idea!!!! It is a funny thing that happens and a great thing that happens!!

Like I said... I love my Cannonadle and would not change anything!!!

jwheat

#136 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by John Thomas
I guarantee you do not have a FCR carb on your 250r.  A fcr carb is for a 4stroke and works nothing like what a 2stroke carb does.  Your engine would not even run with that carb.  Just to let you know it is the same carb on the yzf and crf 450 dirt bikes.

I have to step back in on this one! ANY carburetor for a motorcycle/ quad application will work on both two and four stroke engines....you just might not get the intended result that the carb was intended for.

As for your comments about uneducated idiots chiming in.......that's a little harsh. I think that is the kind of comment that C27 was referring to when he temporarily removed this thread. There are alot of people on this forum that are very knowledgeable and helpful and their inputs can be very useful. Besides, this is an open forum where they can voice their opinions. What exactly are your qualifications for judging our FI systems?

John Thomas

#137 Post by John Thomas »

I give up, you are all correct and I just don't know what im talking about........................ I see c27 mostly removed my comments and left all the negative rebutles. Thank alot. Good luck. Call Venom thats my 2 cents. Like I said I've done it and all of you who have replied have not. But I rest my case........

Happyboy

#138 Post by Happyboy »

Ah come on John, can't give up that easy.....Can't stand the heat.....

parks9

#139 Post by parks9 »

you guys had to make a thread that i couldnt even put my info on! Reason is that i dont know jack s*** about that whole injector/carburateor - air/fuel mixture stuff! lol

IRONSIDE

#140 Post by IRONSIDE »

John, I asked a question of you on the R&D thread before this thread was unlocked. If you haven't seen it all again here. I'm interested in the carb conversion you did. Two of them I believe, with great results. Could you please explain to me, exactly how to do this conversion If I wanted to try and duplicate your former setup?