Is 60HP possible?

wistech

#131 Post by wistech »

Sweet ......a battle for the baddest engine . The dyno day is next week friday. Hope to see examples of everyones progress so far. Maybe we should have a prize for the first one to break the 60hp mark.

Speed 1B

#132 Post by Speed 1B »

My motor should be well over 60 HP. Maybe more like 65. Wade believes that with my old head i was right around 60. The new porting with TI valves and the bigger throttle body is going to make huge gains. Add the web cams too. Plus i was running the wrong pipe before too. The FMF outflows any exhust currently available by far.

cannondale27

#133 Post by cannondale27 »

60hp is huge.No way other than N.O.S. or turbo is a stock stroke motor going to even come close to it.Are you getting a Falicon also?

wistech

#134 Post by wistech »

He may have 60. Speed1B Could you post the dyno readout of that with the torque chart. Im sure WWE would at least be proud to let us see it with out giving away any of his power secrets.

Speed 1B

#135 Post by Speed 1B »

I have no access to an engine dyno anywhere near me. I will get an engine dyno of my set-up from wade though. Chassis dynos are a complete waste of time for reading horsepower numbers. They are only good for tuning.
My falicon should be here this week, it took a little longer becasue i paid extra to have it polished. The polishing is suppposed to make an extra 1-2 horsepower.
Keep in mind that a strong engine is an engine that flows. If you are looking for top-end horsepower, which i am, you need to be much more concerened with how much air you can get into the engine. Thats where the majority of horsepower comes from.
My last engine was no where near "stock." Breaking 70Hp with nitrous should be easy. A stock YFZ makes 39 HP. An ATK makes 49 HP. Thats already 10 up on the competition. The YFZ guys are having a really hard time breaking 60 HP. The cannondale engine is stronger than the competion. It just needs better port work so it will handle more air. We are going to have that now thanks to Wade.

wistech

#136 Post by wistech »

In this case a chassis dyno is exactly what we need. 57 horse is the number to beat on this dyno factoring driveline losses. So 60 is where we need to be. It will be possible to pull higher numbers on an engine dyno but that wont give us the real world results needed. Dont forget the crf quad also has a wieght advantage we need to overcome. Anyone know of a engine dyno in the midwest ?

cannondale27

#137 Post by cannondale27 »

Aaen has one.Engine dyno I bet we are at near 60hp already.All you need to do is look at dyno numbers of bike vs quad.Even stock they were like 8hp more because of drivetrain.

wistech

#138 Post by wistech »

Well since everyone has been slacking off and with my recent sucess with getting to nearly 50 on a stock motor I think its time to take the next step. I want to go for 55 with a stock bore/stroke and 60 on a custom. This will be rear wheel power.

My budget is going to be less than $500 so some shear willpower will be involed here.LOL I may have to consult the bones for good measure.
Ive got a few more ideas on a custom exhaust and exhaust port design that might unlock the power. Welcome to crazy town .

This is my motivational speech for you guys to get crackin on the monster motors. BUILD BUILD BUILD

The dyno king has spoken.

Dont mock me ...outpower me.

Sandstorm

#139 Post by Sandstorm »

After some thinking and debating on a problem I had I went w/ the 460 piston.. Mine will now be a 478cc DAB/BW racing monster.. It will be on the sand in one week.. Wisetech got a bored out TB for cash plus exchange???

J. Delaney

#140 Post by J. Delaney »

Did you get a Falicon or Timbo?