Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

wistech

#131 Post by wistech »

Just to be clear this engine run is a stock bore 432cc motor ,stock stroke z400 crank ,used ASSO piston , HMF slipon, wistech ported head with custom internal head mods,fx400 valves /cams, Wistech ported throttle body, timbomoose cyclone stack with no air filter in and airbox bottom with no lid. Citgo pump race gas.

This is not how the quad will be raced. I hope

cannondale27

#132 Post by cannondale27 »

:clap: Karas going to have her hands full!

wistech

#133 Post by wistech »

My title as dyno king of the strokers will end soon but Ill bet this one lasts for a while. The secret to power for me seems to be building and engine on a shoestring budget with mostly stock and donated parts. Of course the whole Cannondale community chipped in yet again so you guys get most of the credit. Good job.:clap:

I just hope Kara has a good season and doesnt get hurt.

wistech

#134 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by cannondale27
:clap: Karas going to have her hands full!

And you said we should have used a stroker crank. She might not get the yfz's off the line but Ill bet she will fly past when this baby spools up. Check out the top end line. Still going up till the rev limiter.

timbomoose

#135 Post by timbomoose »

Nice job wistech or should I say dyno king.Very impressive Looks like you built a heck of a motor and I'm sure Kara will put it to good use.:clap: :clap:

Canniboomer

#136 Post by Canniboomer »

totally bichen, man....dyno dollars well spent, thanks. smile.gif

One variable not yet considered, but a big difference while "riding"
is the ram air pressure surrounding the direct intake, as compared to the stock filter.

With the stock filter (all safely hidden and sealed up front) the air has to reverse direction and be "sucked forward" against the direction of travel, into a low pressure zone, creating drag.

With the direct-mount, air is "pushed" up off the radiator or thru vented deletes and packs into the cavity surrounding the filter, and into a high pressure zone, creating boost.

While actually "moving", you would see an increasing benefit with the direct-mount. The faster you go, the bigger the difference.

OK, so when is R&D gonna add a wind tunnel to that dyno?! smile.gif

jesshamner

#137 Post by jesshamner »

Wow, now I'm getting anxious to send my motor to you. It shouldn't be too much longer. But I'm kind of waiting for you to finish Kara's.

wistech

#138 Post by wistech »

Interesting Idea but from what I gather ram air doesnt take effect until nearing 100mph. Although I know where there is a dyno that is capable of 150mph. It will rip your lips off man.

On Mikes cycles dyno they use 2 directed blowers to focus the air at the radiator. It doesnt do anything for the stock but may have an effect on the direct mount. I was surprized that this engine didnt have as big a gain in going from the stock airbox to an open one. I assume this is because the engine cant use all the air that the filter is supplying. Unlike the strokers which cant get enough.

Canniboomer

#139 Post by Canniboomer »

yep those localized fans may have some effect, but only with the front plastic on for comparisons, and unless the fan is at least 6-ft in diameter, it can't mimic the aerodynamics over the plastics, etc.... Wind tunnel baby!, wind tunnel!!biggrin.gif
J/K

...can't wait for finished pics. :clap:

Happyboy

#140 Post by Happyboy »

Awesome man. Just awesome. I gotta say I am impressed AGAIN! How much do you think the hood will take away? I am going to really have to hog out the next head I put on one of my dales. Those numbers are just amazing.