Honduh's

John Thomas

#141 Post by John Thomas »

Oh I can take all 30 or so of you on any day. But its like talking to a wall, a thick one. I know you love the EFI. I love maximum performance, peak potential. Our ideas split paths. Im probable mentally ill as I just spent over 20000 on my honda and 16000 on my yami. I would get annother dale but im afraid no one will sell me parts. so........... what to do..........I will keep debating Happyboy if you like but direct your negative shots else where.

Happyboy

#142 Post by Happyboy »

negative shots? I have just pointed out what you have said repeatidly. Man, I said from the start to drop the argument and turn this towards an R&D type conversation but you haven't. All others have asked for is some type of proof of what you were claiming. I don't think that is out of line.

Now, there are a number of responses in this thread that are useless and don't argue a point at all. Just ignore them.

IRONSIDE

#143 Post by IRONSIDE »

John, I didn't intend that question to be a negative shot. I'ld just like to know the details of how to do your conversion. You can pm the procedure to me if it is easier.

Exodus

#144 Post by Exodus »

I asked this same question right before the thread got deleted.

"John Thomas, it is possible to use an FCR carb on a two stroke. Not very fessible and there would be no gain in hp, but it is possible. The four stroke game is fairly new to me, but I have been around two strokes along time, and I have yet to see a carb that cant be put on a two stroke. It might be a worhtless endeavor but its doable. I do have some questions for on how to mount a FCR to a Cannondale. What did you use for ignition? I would think timing would be an issue with that FCR carb. And have you ever tried a Lectron carb in place of an FCR to easy in tunability? "

Apparently it didnt get seen. At any rate, I am interested in hearing how it worked, and what it took to get it to work. If you siad you did it, fine, tell us how so someone else might try it.

jwheat

#145 Post by jwheat »

John...I've not attacked you at all in this thread, but I have debated you about it. Now, if you can fully answer a few questions for me, I'll leave you alone and take your word for your accomplishments.

1. Where are the 2 quads you did this conversion on and are they still running it?

2. Where did you go to use the dyno that you verified your results on?

3. Can you please answer C27's earlier question about how you integrated the FCR's throttle position sensor to the Dales' computer?

4. Exactly how did you mount your carb to the Dale intake manifold and how did you filter the air?

5. What fuel pump did you use and where did you get the fuel pressure regulator to keep the pressure from flooding the carb?

6.What pressure rating was the regulator that you used?

7. Why would you do such a major undertaking and not take photos and keep the dyno chart printouts?

Also, I earlier asked you exactly what your qualifications were to so put down the Dale FI and call people on this thread "uneducated idiots"? Can you please list the sources of your "knowledge"?

cannondale27

#146 Post by cannondale27 »

I see c27 mostly removed my comments and left all the negative rebutles. Thank alot. Good luck.

Not true.I removed alot of comments from everyone.If Anything was removed that is important just dont swear or call names and repost it.I knew everyone wouldnt be happy but tryed my best.Would have liked to do more deleting including the first post.

John Thomas

#147 Post by John Thomas »

1) Both quads parted out starting 1 1/2 years ago. Sold one as a roller, put efi back on the other one, sold at Shop. Both motors blown but this was at about the time updates were startng. Cdale originals.
2)DTR in Oregon. Compared to buddies moto with FMF ti pipe.
3)I didn't use the TPS sensor as it does nothing. The TPS sensor barely affect the power curve. Tested this on a YFZ with or without. No difference. All TRX 450 guys that use the dirt bike carb off the crf 450 don't use the TPS. Tim Farr doesn't use the tps on his factory ride. All the yami pro rides no tps. Check out the handle bars on those that know. Ask curtis sparks if you don't believe me.
4)You remove the intake manifold, carb is now manifold. used stock air box. Automotive flex hose. Had to use a couple sizes sleeved to get to work.
5)On one I used a fuel pump from an arctic cat snomobile, about 8 psi. On the other I let it gravity feed. I could only use half the tank of gas. But it was much easier and faster. Carb didn't flood.
none.
7)Im personal friends with the owner and just did it for fun not some scientific experiment with documentation. I don't keep pictures of anything. I keep trophies. My honda has more than 20000 into it and I don't have any pics of that bike. Do you want one.
8) You are probably much more qualified in Fi than me and that is ok. My qualification is the 3 to 4 bike length as* woopin they dished out. Just real world result and a lot of money to do what I want. Well and an extensive knowledge of race engines. Look I have a lot of experience over time. For example I knew about the crf 450 motor over 3 years befor it was retailed. You see a family friend designed the UNI CAM head that honda race engines use. The mans name is Glen ****. He is an old time. Taught me alot. And yes I can proudly say that an AMERICAN designed the inovative head of the honda crf 450 motor. Also he lives in California just in case you wanted to know. Look I could go on and on and on............but im done. you have your questions and good luck if you want to it.

I guess you had one question that wasn't numbered. The obvious source of my knowledge on the matter of a carbed cdale is the real world test. 3 to 4 bike lengths. Dyno ect................

jwheat

#148 Post by jwheat »

John.....I've read through all of your posts and I've come to the conclusion that I simply don't believe that you accomplished this. You obviously have some knowledge of racing and engines, but your posts seem to reflect more what is written in hot-rod magazines and not personal knowledge. Your good at throwing around names and implying that they can back you up, but I think you are just well read on the subjects we've touched on and have possibly talked with a few people in the industry. You conviently don't have any proof to back up your claims. When you are confronted about being wrong in some of your posts....you simply don't reply and change the subject. With that being said, I'll quit debating with you on this subject.

P.S. 8 lbs. of fuel pressure would force open the float needle on an FCR carb and cause it to flood.

CptHook

#149 Post by CptHook »

I want to kill this thread so bad

John Thomas

#150 Post by John Thomas »

Believe what you want. It was good convo while it lasted. Im out