Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

CDaleChick

#141 Post by CDaleChick »

ok i have been sitting here for about 20 min with my jaw dropped.......oh my lord

holy crap

i dont know what to say

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wistech

#142 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Wow, now I'm getting anxious to send my motor to you.  It shouldn't be too much longer.  But I'm kind of waiting for you to finish Kara's.

Yep . You do realize though that about 3 horse was gained from the candy rasberry metalflake case. I think we should try flourescent glitter pink on yours for at least one more pony.LOL

Builders choice right?

Happyboy

#143 Post by Happyboy »

Kara, if you like those HP numbers then you can keep them by adding the boomer air box setup. smile.gif Dang can't wait to get mine. biggrin.gif

timbomoose

#144 Post by timbomoose »

"Yep . You do realize though that about 3 horse was gained from the candy rasberry metalflake case. I think we should try flourescent glitter pink on yours for at least one more pony.LOL"

I find that hard to believe,I think most of that extra hp came from that awesome brake cover from the secret admirer,don't think it could have never broken 45hp without it.Lol.
:drink: :drink:

jwheat

#145 Post by jwheat »

Wistech....you never cease to amaze me! Now I can't wait to put my new stroker on a dyno!:clap: :clap:

dalewannbe

#146 Post by dalewannbe »

Originally posted by jwheat
Wistech....you never cease to amaze me! Now I can't wait to put my new stroker on a dyno!:clap: :clap:

Yes, this numbers are kinda exciting.....I'm going to have to make it to the next dyno shot out! Champaign and bubbly will be all over the place when the dyno king's record is broken. LOL

jesshamner

#147 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by wistech
Yep . You do realize though that about 3 horse was gained from the candy rasberry metalflake case.   I think we should try flourescent glitter pink on yours for at least one more pony.LOL

Builders choice right?

As long as it beats up on these yamahas and hondas, I don't care what color it is. It could be hot pink as long as it puts me on the podium....which it will!

wistech

#148 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Kara, if you like those HP numbers then you can keep them by adding the boomer air box setup.  :)  Dang can't wait to get mine.  :D

No need ..the test with the filter in the airbox bottom is exactly like a direct mount and showed 48.43hp as oposed to the stock setup which pulled 48.05. This particular motor showed power can be had with the stock filter box.

I just got off the phone with Kara. It seems we need to get on the ball with the rest of the parts so she can get this thing together for the nationals.

Heres an interesting find. Even though the quad air stack had a major power loss look at the torque readings on the botttom end. Much more and faster than the bike stack. Maybe there really was a good reason for the quad stack on the quads.

The quad air horn torque chart is on the top.

I sure wished some of you mapping guys were there to help out . I did the best I could but Ill bet we could have cleared 50hp with a few tweaks. I was on the phone with Tim . He tried to email a few leaner low end maps to the shop when I told him of my plight with the rich bottom end but we just ran out of time. Thanks anyway Tim. The guys at Mikes cycle really cant be thanked enough for always staying late to let us finish. I did over 60 runs in the short time I was there so it was a mad house. Chuck was happy that this time I brought a seat for the quad so he didnt have to sit on the gas tank.

wistech

#149 Post by wistech »

Stock and all hybrid maps 2400 flowrate . Down from .9 on offset to .3 had no effect on bottom rich spot.

I went to stroker map animals128 2375 flowrate .7 offset then bottom wasnt flooding the motor.

With the extreme porting and valve work air flow must be getting bad off idle for the stock 432 motor. Im just guessing but Ill bet cam timing and ignition timing will need some changes to help out here.

I think acarli's map would have been even better but I didnt have it on this laptop. Funny we always though this was a stroker only issue but I think its a porting caused issue.

wistech

#150 Post by wistech »

My bad the original setting on the ecu were 2600 and .98 no leakage .

The setting that I ended up with the stock maps and all stock based maps were 2400 and .03