My Winter Rebuild

Derno24

#151 Post by Derno24 »

Like I stated earlier I don't think the number is a good acurate one. It is a good reference for the old one. That is why I am not really looking at the hp # as much as the % increase over stock.

The mapping is the xcx map, but I ran the xmx map and it was about the same with a bigger hit in the middle rpm's

Besides it was only 3,000 I don't know where you got 4,000 and there were other parts mixed in there too besides the motor...:w:

By the way Lenny I kicked your crappy 440 to the curb before the motor work now you just make me laugh.

Besides when you going to race???? Tired of hearing talk!

440EX4ME

#152 Post by 440EX4ME »

Ron,

Thanks for the ribbing and an opportunity to now clear some things up without having to look like the bad guy etc. smile.gif

First take a look at those CC receipts and I bet you totally blew away $3,000 a lot more than the quad blew away the Honda biggrin.gif :w:

Dont get upset with me on this one but i think your just a little disapointed with not seeing 50hp on that chart and are having a hard time justifying the expense v/s the power results (actually the engine does run extremely better and smoother if not having the additional power you expected) and may be less than 100% happy on why some POS oil cooled Honda 440 with less than $500 in the engine is still right on your arse except for drag race stuff etc. and in fairness the 440 was running spot on that day (was jetted right for that place for a change LOL) so there wasnt a true comparison to the last ride in the fall etc.

Dont worry bro they seemed to have done a great job and once you get it broken in more all the little things dialed in it should be that much better.

I know there is a large increase in acceleration just based on the difference I seen on the last ride and comparing to previous times we have been WOT at the same time etc, and if you take the time to mess with the gearing you should get better results too.

So its running a lot stronger and smoother no doubt, but I am not sure the gains v/s expense are practical for the average rider. Hope that ATK adresses some of these issues in future engines so this stuff you did is included and not an insanely priced mod. That would be great for this quad and its future.

So now you got the quad running great and its time to work on that pro-level c-class rider LMFAO wink.gif biggrin.gif

440EX4ME

#153 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by c-dale fan
nice,..1 of these days I gotta put the Powervalve on a dyno!biggrin.gif

Good idea, and would be interested to see that chart also.

Dynos are great but I think we all give too much worry to the top HP numbers and the typical dyno doesnt get used as much for what they really offer in tuning and "telling" about our engine etc. as they should.

I would love to have a few hours with a dyno to try different things and compare the results to the seat of the pants method, but I know I would get addicted biggrin.gif

Derno24

#154 Post by Derno24 »

I am still waiting for you to put up or shut up Lenny. You were no where near me all day except when we were in the rocks yet you wre on my tail.

I need to smoke what you are. No more smack talk. Bring your azz wherever you want to go and I will lose you on my quad in no time.....No anger here just wondering if you might need glasses....:eek:

CdaleRacer0128

#155 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

hey derno, was just readin bout ur dyno, do you think that is low or what? i have ridden my share of hooked up yfzs that have been similary modded to dyno'ed ones ranging around 50 hp and my dale pulls just as/if not harder than them..but ya know, when i got on the dale for the first time it wasn't like crazy power everywhere, it was nice and smooth all around and easy to handle, which can make it seem that your actually not going as fast as you think, but subsequnetly go faster than usual

440EX4ME

#156 Post by 440EX4ME »

CdaleRacer0128 thats a good point and one that was discussed last weekend too. Some people just like that "hit" and others are into a more useable or flat power curve.

Now Ron, no offense taken bud but just because someone isnt bending up the exhaust tip on the HMF (I told you I was not going to be the first, but I think we both know how well the bends on the old tip matched my front bumper biggrin.gif) doesnt mean there not there etc.

No smack and prob not even the smack down your looking to get LMFAO but we will get a chance to see whats up etc in the near future.

One thing I just keep thinking is that I cant be the only one wondering why you find it hard to believe that any other quad would be able to hang with or pass yours. I know we all bust etc but I am starting to think you are believing all that BS.

Hey good luck tomorrow at dutchman, and yes I wont be making it again sad.gif

Derno24

#157 Post by Derno24 »

On a side note tonight I shoudl have a batch of pictures of the almost completed 04 DernoDale. There are a couple of small pieces that I have yet to add to the equation, but that won't be much longer. They aren't necessary piece's just toys.

I have to say this took alot longer than I anticiapted, but I am excited about the final product.

CdaleRacer0128

#158 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

lets see it!!smile.gif

i'll get some pics of my ride up before budds this week when its all shined up ready to do its national debut!

Derno24

#159 Post by Derno24 »

I'll get some up tonight and more on sunday when it makes it's race debut at Ft of the Mt....smile.gif

c-dale fan

#160 Post by c-dale fan »

stop typing ,..start posting pics!:eek: