Indy dealer show

JeffQuadShop

#151 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Nope, I was in #3

pdavis

#152 Post by pdavis »

well heck jeff, that also applies with you taking the wheel of the #3, all in good fun, i couldve swore i made the pass being on the inside, 2 more laps ... and i wouldlve made the pass, i knew your weak points on the track and was just about to exploit them, and i knew the driving style that i had to contend with and i didnt want to have to put you in the wall like haydug does, but ...tongue.gif

EXriders.com

#153 Post by EXriders.com »

Well guys, I finally got through this 11 page post and I wanted to share with you what I found out about the Dinli.

Of course, some of this info may have already been posted, but I don't think it all was from what I read.

Ok, The Dinli will be releasing a 500 Speed and a 450 XC machine and 450 Moto machine.

The plastic was hand made and is not the final design. They were looking to get feedback, and I told them it had to many angle changes and the front fenders were too high. The rear seat wasn't even a seat. It was part of the molded plastic, so I couldn't understand the previous post about a seat latch in the picture?

The swingarm is a one piece cast aluminum swingarm which is new, and they are going to be replacing the Canondale frame with Cast one piece main frame instead of welding the tubes together? I was really surprised by this info. Also, the oil will no longer go into the frame, they will have an oil tank for the oil, and the frame design will ofcourse be slightly different.

The engine is going to be redisgned and will be a heavier engine, but supposedly more powerful and reliable than the current engine.

The tires will be changed and were only used because a tire deal hasn't been worked out yet, so they didn't want to endorse any known tire manufacturers tires as the tire for the final product.

I think that is about it. I have some pictures, but so many have been posted already, but if you want to see more. I will be posting them tonight on EXriders.com anyway.

well, that is my .02.

Nice Site by the Way Doug biggrin.gif

JeffQuadShop

#154 Post by JeffQuadShop »

My goodness......what do we owe this honor? :clap:

haydug

#155 Post by haydug »

:wow :wow
Exriders is on my site!! Man, we have hit the big time now!! j/k
Thanks alot Harlen. Seems you spoke with Dinli about their project. I am not sure they are going in the right direction, but I am open to see what they offer.
I guess I might as well add my .02

The cast swingarm was already developed by Cannondale, and was slated for 2004 model. It is supposed to be lighter, and stronger.
The frame will be in sections still, but just not as many. The frame spars will be cast in with footpeg sections. They are talking about billet front section, in which Cannondale already had as well. This will created only 4 frame sections, which can be welded alot easier and by machine that man hours.
I understand the plastic being just for show.
My only complaint was the mis-communication of technical data between Justin and the engineers. I'm sure Justin was speaking what he felt to be true about his product, some of which I found a little off.
Now, the other problem I see here, Dinli spent big bucks buying all that Cannondale had, patents, etc. and now they are going to change everything. So, the big queastion, why did they buy anything. Seems they are steadily loosing all the loyal Cannondale owners now, which will be their "money in the bank" customers when they do put a product out. If that product is 75% different, then they no longer have us as a core customer, and will have to prove themselves to everyone, basically starting all over.
I wish they would have presented the bike alittle differently, maybe saying "we just haven't had enough time to put together a true and representative product yet, so we put this together for the show to see how much interest in this product there is".
Put yourself in Dinli's shoes, if you put this bike out at the largest show in the world, and you get an 80% negative feedback with it, would you want to continue with the product? So maybe they did put it up to check the reaction by dealers. If they had 50 new dealers sign up after the show, then it was a hit. If they had 50 established dealers tell them they won't buy one, then it was a flop.

Thanks for stopping by Harlen. Welcome aboard.

EXriders.com

#156 Post by EXriders.com »

No Problem, I just wanted to share the information that I received from the show. I stop by from time to time to see how the site is looking, but I felt this time that I should post what I had heard, since I spent atleast 15 minutes talking with them about the quad.

I like your new smilies. They are pretty cool, btw.

Derno24

#157 Post by Derno24 »

Harlen stopping by huh?

I agree with ya Doug. I am definitely taking the wait and see approach.

USAMoto00

#158 Post by USAMoto00 »

I was told that the Fullbore plastic was the shiznit. Anyone?

cannondale27

#159 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea Fullbore has a new silver more like the moto plastic they also have a Mettalic blue that is a bit lighter than Yamaha but looks awesome.

USAMoto00

#160 Post by USAMoto00 »

Funny that you should mention those 2 colors in particular because that was exactly what I heard from my friends that went. They said that some colors were going to get the metal flake treatment also. I'm not sure which colors but it was just the info that I got. I think that I would have to see the light blue in person to tell if I liked it or not.