Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

dalewannbe

#161 Post by dalewannbe »

Originally posted by Happyboy
OMG, 12 hour in Texas this year?  Ah man, my quad is going to die!!  I have the Loretta Lynn's, then dunes, then Missouri races 3 weeks in a row.  My quad NEVER gets ridden that mutch!

Time to start riding and get away from that computer, Happyboy.

Derno24

#162 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CDaleChick
remember I am running with fullbore plastics and not stock tongue.gif

You may still want to cover some of the opening up. Alot goes flying in there.

C27: they are having another one in Wisconsin this year. Nothing near me at all. Looks like the team is at least hitting NH and KY. Maybe even GA. 12hrs not sure yet as a 28 + hr drive and hauling a quad might be cost prohibitive. Especially after all the other racing I will be doing.

Derno24

#163 Post by Derno24 »

OMG, 12 hour in Texas this year?  Ah man, my quad is going to die!!  I have the Loretta Lynn's, then dunes, then Missouri races 3 weeks in a row.  My quad NEVER gets ridden that mutch!

My word cry me a river! I got a GNCC and local the next day! :cry:

CDaleChick

#164 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by Derno24
You may still want to cover some of the opening up.  Alot goes flying in there.

Any pics for reference? Im having my dads friend fabricate me some brackets for the plastic...maybe he can make something to cover up the openings as well.

haydug

#165 Post by haydug »

I gotta say, 48hp out of a stock motor with porting is amazing.

Yeah, I hit 46.3 with a stock motor way back in 2002. That was the very first port job, with SMALLER intake valves. :eek: There goes the theory that bigger ports are better huh? :confused: I had just learned how to change maps at that time, let alone adjust anything. No fancy air horns, no this or that, simply head porting. Wonder what it would do now?

Happyboy

#166 Post by Happyboy »

lol, here we go with dyno results. Results are ONLY valid when doing comparisons on the same dyno. John did exactly what you are talking about and got 45 hp. The difference is what matters here, going to 48.05 with a ported bike horn. They had the same port job and airbox. Just the ported bike horn added those 3.05hp. While the normal bike horn added 2.73 horse.

According to different dynos a bone stock trx450r gets anywhere from 33hp to 38hp. How in the world can that be? Its all in the dyno and how they are setup.

Derno24

#167 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CDaleChick
Any pics for reference? Im having my dads friend fabricate me some brackets for the plastic...maybe he can make something to cover up the openings as well.

I have a complete sheild for mine. I use it for XC. I will take some pics of the parts, but with you running MX you may be able to leave some of it open. I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow of the parts I have. This fabrication was by Rick Cecco so I can't take credit for it. Seal the airbox great as i never got anything in there unless it was pressure washed in there!smile.gif

haydug

#168 Post by haydug »

Happy, I just honestly get sick of hearing about the god almighty "dyno". It kinda goes like this: We would like to try new tires? Yes, let's do, and dyno them to see if it works."
I for one sit on my dyno everyday. If it doesn't perform with my dyno sitting on the seat, it is worthless. Enough said. :drink:

Derno24

#169 Post by Derno24 »

Just a little something that you may want to do is leave the quad stack in. If it is getting more torque it would be more useful to a racer in the corners than having the small increase in top speed the HP will give you. Just something else to chew on.

Derno24

#170 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by haydug
Happy, I just honestly get sick of hearing about the god almighty "dyno".  It kinda goes like this: We would like to try new tires?  Yes, let's do, and dyno them to see if it works."
I for one sit on my dyno everyday. If it doesn't perform with my dyno sitting on the seat, it is worthless. Enough said. :drink:

I wonder if I could dyno how fast I can drop a six pack:drink: :drink: :drink:

I'll even drink the pony bottles so as to keep with the whole hp thing!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: