Power Commander Group Buy

peterock

#161 Post by peterock »

Rest of the Power Commanders are in. Will be picking them up this afternoon.

kdeal

#162 Post by kdeal »

It only does it at startup until you blip the throttle higher than about 3K RPM.

claas900

#163 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Sep 5 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It only does it at startup until you blip the throttle higher than about 3K RPM.

So once the motor goes over 3k it never does it again untell its turned off? Funny with my wide band I thought I had a bad connection or something. How funny.

peterock

#164 Post by peterock »

Ok, the rest are going out tomorrow morning as I got home too late to get them out tonight. There has been one update. The first couple that were sent out had a map that went up to 20k. Not a big deal as it doesn't change your rev limit or anything just gives you more range then you will need. The ones going out tomorrow morning will have the same map but will have the RPM range limited to 12k as that is obviously more practical and you really shouldn't need any more range to work with.

claas900

#165 Post by claas900 »

Got mine today t/y. I feel like a noob but does it have a map in it already? I saw the map you made, but that was for a 450. I know we are trying to get a base map but what does that mean for the ppl running larger motors? My dyno guy was figuring on custom making me a map already so does it matter what map I have in my ECU?
No kidding, last night I had a dream about this PC sick huu? wink.gif Its going on the dyno Monday.

peterock

#166 Post by peterock »

No need to worry about it with going to the dyno. I would say the only thing is if you post that PC map to include what map you have in your ecu as well.

claas900

#167 Post by claas900 »

Thanks

cannondale27

#168 Post by cannondale27 »

500 ecu Power Commander tuning capability is confirmed on modded motors.

I will let My Dreamride report but I can't hold back. His is running with 500ecu, 42 psi regulator, PowerCommander,AND Cam sensor unplugged! He said he manually tuned the low end which is where 500ecu was handicapped with a ported/modded motor. Now that opens up the options for those of us thinking of ditching the 1000. We could run any cam. Any valvecover. Need to dyno though to make sure that sensor isn't affecting timing. Someone said this was true awhile back but can't remember who answered that when I questioned whether cam sensor was needed but step up you deserve a pat on back. Because it is confirmed. And thank you Mike for trying it. He has been a busy guy. I think Wistech also P. Commander tuned his 500 in Speed today. Awesome guys!

cannondale27

#169 Post by cannondale27 »

Got mine today! Awesome job on the instructions Pete. Let the fun begin!

kdeal

#170 Post by kdeal »

What ground wire is in the ECU tray? Are you talking about the button head screw with the tophat washer that goes into the frame?
blink.gif