Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

CDaleChick

#171 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by Derno24
I wonder if I could dyno how fast I can drop a six pack:drink: :drink: :drink:

I'll even drink the pony bottles so as to keep with the whole hp thing!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

my quad might have some competition then!biggrin.gif

MichiganMXer722

#172 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

According to UPS.com your tires should be there today! That motor rips:usa

CDaleChick

#173 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by MichiganMXer722
According to UPS.com your tires should be there today!  That motor rips:usa

i know im waiting for them biggrin.gif they should probably be arriving when ill be out in the garage cleaning on stuff biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#174 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by haydug
Happy, I just honestly get sick of hearing about the god almighty "dyno".  It kinda goes like this: We would like to try new tires?  Yes, let's do, and dyno them to see if it works."
I for one sit on my dyno everyday. If it doesn't perform with my dyno sitting on the seat, it is worthless. Enough said. :drink:

Doug, the dyno is the only measurement for how much power a quad has. Your right, if it works for you and hits hard then ride it. But, alot of people, myself included like to see big dyno numbers. Its no different than the people that hold drag racing as the almighty method. What is being shown with the dyno is what works and what doesn't. Bike horn over quad horn, CHECK. Port job over stock CHECK!

The fun is squezzing out every last pony from an already tapped system. And getting to 50hp with a 432cc is pretty darned cool. And 55hp is even cooler.

wistech

#175 Post by wistech »

My intention was to give the quad around 45 horse but sometimes I get carried away . No biggie ,if its to hot a motor it can be detuned as suggested. Thats why I consider it a 48 horse motor even though it pulled 49.5. It wont run that way. Heck if I wanted to break 50 I would have thrown that hmf out and stuck a gutted toaster on it.

Derno24

#176 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Doug, the dyno is the only measurement for how much power a quad has.  Your right, if it works for you and hits hard then ride it.  But, alot of people, myself included like to see big dyno numbers.  Its no different than the people that hold drag racing as the almighty method.  What is being shown with the dyno is what works and what doesn't.  Bike horn over quad horn, CHECK.  Port job over stock CHECK!  

The fun is squezzing out every last pony from an already tapped system.  And getting to 50hp with a 432cc is pretty darned cool.  And 55hp is even cooler.

I think what Doug is getting at is a good motor on a mx race or xc race doesn't always have the biggest numbers. It is the ability of the rider to make it go. As for the big dyno numbers I don't agree. The number is not as important as the percentage increase. Also, I wouldn't say that the bike horn would be prefered over a quad horn as the torque numbers are different, but ported seems to be good.

To me it should be important for people to realize that the torque numbers are just as important as HP. Torque gets you going.

CDaleChick

#177 Post by CDaleChick »

well hey it put out great numbers, and were all excited. And I am sure it will do just as great out on the track. I can not wait to give you all a ride review!

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#178 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wistech
[B]My intention was to give the quad around 45 horse but sometimes I get carried away .

Carried away is a good thing.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

cannondale27

#179 Post by cannondale27 »

Doug I also can remember at the RACE that there were some nice fields to make up some time in.That is IF you have a fast enough quad.No amount of skill or torque would have done any good in those situations.The guy (or girl)with most raw power is going to come out first there.

Derno24

#180 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Doug I also can remember at the RACE that there were some nice fields to make up some time in.That is IF you have a fast enough quad.No amount of skill or torque would have done any good in those situations.The guy (or girl)with most raw power is going to come out first there.

How much of the race was it? Usuaully a section like that only counts for no more than 5% of the total race. To go further how is it that guys running stock machines (last year in the GNCC) in the morning were able to beat the girls on fully decked out machines. I have met and rode with Traci and I will tell you she is super fast. So this is not meant to slam the women riders, but instead to give props to riding ability.

Also isn't it called "The Race"?

:eek: