Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

wistech

#181 Post by wistech »

The torque question is very valid. I dont know if I printed out any good torque numbers but I think there was one that broke 30ft ilbs. Thats just shy of the strokers. The only difference is this motor isnt making it off the line. Thats why I said a lower horse yfz might take it off the line but given a short run the few extra ponies wil catch and pass it.

haydug

#182 Post by haydug »

I will agree with H.P. that it is nice, however it is not everything. The woods section at "The Race" would actually cost you time with lots of pipey power, wear you out, yes you could go fast down the straight, but bounce off trees in the woods. Now how fast is it?

As for pure H.P. determining the outcome of a drag race, I will have to say at the first group ride I was riding a bone stock YFZ, with pipe and jets (no cam mod) and it went UN-defeated. :confused:

Canniboomer

#183 Post by Canniboomer »

Can we really claim yet that the quad horn gives more torque?
compared to what? wasn't that installed on a reamed out throttle body?

Was the quad tall horn also ported-out (reamed larger)?
Was it compared to a non-reamed shorthorn?
Have they been compared on a standard throttle body with the matching intake diameter? (normal setup for 90% of riders).

More answers will come with future dynos. But this is a great start, for sure.

Happyboy

#184 Post by Happyboy »

drag racing is 90% rider.....bike means nothing if you can't get a good start.

And I know what you mean about power. I ride TIGHT woods and ****, I gotta be carefull.

cannondale27

#185 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by haydug
I will agree with H.P. that it is nice, however it is not everything. The woods section at "The Race" would actually cost you time with lots of pipey power, wear you out, yes you could go fast down the straight, but bounce off trees in the woods. Now how fast is it?

As for pure H.P. determining the outcome of a drag race, I will have to say at the first group ride I was riding a bone stock YFZ, with pipe and jets (no cam mod) and it went UN-defeated. :confused:

Doug I agree with you.I also know that the new 06 YFZ will kick a stock 04,05's butt easily.Why because it is both ported and stroked from factory and it been done.Just is a real shame to know your a better rider,worked your butt off and better setup quad only to get passed in a flat out section.As for smaller valves I believe you are talking a FDO head?
Whos to say whether or not the valves arent smaller in Wistechs.I guarantee the ports arent but you never know!

jesshamner

#186 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Just is a real shame to know your a better rider,worked your butt off and better setup quad only to get passed in a flat out section.

I have to disagree completely with this. I don't care if I get passed by a decked out quad in the wide open section. If that person isn't a good rider, he/she will blow it in the woods. A good rider will make a pass at the slightest glimpse of daylight on the other side. I've seen it a lot and I try to make a few myself. Ever watch Bill Ballance race? If you can't make the pass in the woods, you know its because that person was a better rider. This is even more evident in muddy races. The smarter racer will prevail. The big hp bike can't do much if its stuck between 2 trees or in a mud hole.

USAMoto00

#187 Post by USAMoto00 »

My grandma and your grandma were sitting by the fire....LOL Some people will argue over anything.

cannondale27

#188 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I have to disagree completely with this.  I don't care if I get passed by a decked out quad in the wide open section.  If that person isn't a good rider, he/she will blow it in the woods.  A good rider will make a pass at the slightest glimpse of daylight on the other side.  I've seen it a lot and I try to make a few myself.  Ever watch Bill Ballance race?  If you can't make the pass in the woods, you know its because that person was a better rider.  This is even more evident in muddy races.  The smarter racer will prevail.  The big hp bike can't do much if its stuck between 2 trees or in a mud hole.

USA your right.I know when to call it quits.I give.No use.But Jesshammer and others did it ever occur to you all that alot of races dont have trees or tight sections involved whatsoever?

timbomoose

#189 Post by timbomoose »

Sounds like a map select can make everyone happy.Press a button for tight section, less power more control, press a button to fly by in the wideopen with more power can't get much better than that.Thats the beauty of a Dale, gadgets are awesome, nice job almighty dynoman John. Anyone have a map select for Kara sounds like she'll need it!:clap: :clap:

cannondale27

#190 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes!I cant wait for the map selects to come out.Kinda like a Nitrous button that doesnt run out:D