My Winter Rebuild

Derno24

#181 Post by Derno24 »

Thanks Jim. I apreciate it. It does mean alot from you after I have seen the work that you do. Also how has your racing season been going?

As for the motor. No biggie. The motor problems have been discussed on other threads, but here is the long and short of it. I rode the quad for several races and trail riding maybe about 10 hrs. At the group ride I spoke to Timbomoose he said there is a problem with the Winky cranks and told me what to look for. I thought I heard some funny knocking noises from the motor and decided not to chance it. When I got home I found Brass in my oil filter. Sure enough I had a bad crank, but I caught it before major damage could be done. So I took it to Champion and Scott is doing me right and putting an ATK crank in. I am not angry just disappointed. I will have it together and running as soon as I can find the time to get to his shop and have the motor put back in the chasis. I am moving and then going on a vacation so I won't have it back for a couple more weeks, but I can wait. smile.gif

440EX4ME

#182 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by Derno24
.  When I got home I found Brass in my oil filter.  Sure enough I had a bad crank, but I caught it before major damage could be done.  

So I took it to Champion and Scott is doing me right and putting an ATK crank in.  I am not angry just disappointed

Glad to hear its working out OK and everything.

Had me a little worried for your potential problem etc. for a while.