Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

dalewannbe

#191 Post by dalewannbe »

Originally posted by Derno24
How much of the race was it?  Usuaully a section like that only counts for no more than 5% of the total race.  To go further how is it that guys running stock machines (last year in the GNCC) in the morning were able to beat the girls on fully decked out machines.  I have met and rode with Traci and I will tell you she is super fast.  So this is not meant to slam the women riders, but instead to give props to riding ability.

Also isn't it called "The Race"?

:eek:

Derno,

The Race has a lot of wide open sections, I mean a lot of long wide open sections. I realize this is very rare in race, and in this race, the extra hp made a big difference.

timbomoose

#192 Post by timbomoose »

Can we really claim yet that the quad horn gives more torque?
Cannonboomer

Yes, different length velocity stack do affect powerband.There are formulas to use to tell you what to do from what you want. From feedback that I got from people was that the strokers hit very hard, sent alot of people softer maps most people want less bottom hit and can alway use more top.So the cyclone was made to optomize that and to catch as much air as possible and to move the powerband.The lengths will affect peak hp but not alot,more so, affect where the powerband hits.

John you make me sick almost a 10hp gain on the same dyno on stock stroke stock bore motor.Very impressive!:clap:

wistech

#193 Post by wistech »

So what are you guys going to do when I propose building a 55 horse engine with stock parts. Ive got some more ideas floating around in my big fat knoggen. :hammer:

wistech

#194 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by timbomoose

John you make me sick

What can I say ....its a gift.

biggrin.gif

timbomoose

#195 Post by timbomoose »

Thank goodness you have a full time job or the rest of us will never be able to catch up.I think I'm going to throw some kawasaki bayou parts in the pile to slow you down or on second thought better not, might give you another edge.

CannondaleRider

#196 Post by CannondaleRider »

Originally posted by cannondale27
But Jesshammer and others did it ever occur to you all that alot of races dont have trees or tight sections involved whatsoever?

I was going to say the exact same thing.

WORCS and Best In The Desert is a good example of that.

In less then 2 weeks, at Taft, CA. WORCS Round 2, we will be on a track that has a very large step-up, which requires raw power. Also a few bigger hills, and also a 2 mile climb to the top of a mountain on a wide-open twisty asphalt road......power is key on that track, among many other WORCS tracks....But I do have to admit, there are technical sections that don't require raw power, but wouldn't be a problem even with raw power. So why not have it when it is needed.(yeah Steve, I wish I would have done porting now, lol, oh well)

A better example...Best In The Desert Racing. At the Parker 250 early this month, there were many wide open roads where speeds of over 100 were achieved(mainly on DS650s!).

cannondale27

#197 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes this sure did get off track.The King once again amazes all with his Midas touch:D

haydug

#198 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by timbomoose
Anyone have a map select for Kara sounds like she'll need it!:clap: :clap:

Actually I have 2 of them sitting here, however I am pretty sure I am giving them to someone else in the next 3 weeks. :drink:

CDaleChick

#199 Post by CDaleChick »

sounds like a lot of people are really concerned about performance in the woods. Thats great, but for me, I will not be in the woods at all. Cant stand ridin in woods, and this quad will be on MX tracks only. I just need a good map for MX only, just a fairly versatile map for that.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#200 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Poor Kara, I hope she doesn??????????????????t get killed bouncing off trees while racing MX.
Gee the only problem I??????????????????ve ever had with too much horsepower is when someone is pulling away from me, but what do I know, I don??????????????????t even know a ported intake runner when I see one. lol
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: