Looking for opinions on selling Cannondale

cdalepilot

#21 Post by cdalepilot »

what kind of riding you going to be doing ? mx,sx,dunes,trails , ect. ect..........

GDITheman

#22 Post by GDITheman »

we are riding up at black mountain near onaway, mi this weekend. it has a lot of fast and wide fire roads as well as sandy tight techincal trails. it'll be a good work out for any quad.

azcannon

Sounds like a banshee trail

#23 Post by azcannon »

I have been impressed with stock banshees and lightly modded ones for lots o' abuse and good power, I will always have a thing for two strokes but I will never go back to the older technology ones, the Black Widow sounds incredible and maybe that could be the answer but other than that I like our stuff the best

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont accept the low reliability of the new machines but that is reality.First company with a camless valvetrain and real babbit bearings with highpressure oil system I will buy one.I wish Brad were making a 4st Black Widow till then we have the most advanced motor in our machines right now.

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

The only camless engine ive seen lately was the Green Engine from IH . It used oil pressure actuaters to give completly variable valve timing. They must have had lots of trouble with it because its been quiet for a while now.

cdalepilot

#26 Post by cdalepilot »

our motors are awsome!:clap:

GDITheman

#27 Post by GDITheman »

i rode a z400, ex400, pred TLD and a raptor this weekend. the TLD is very cushy. pretty strong, but i like the power band my stock engine had better. tough choices out there. we'll see how the engine goes back in and if everything works. if not, i'll part it out on ebay like the rest of the people who have given up.

440rider

#28 Post by 440rider »

So now the engine is at HayDug's getting a rebuild and a 468 kit with Falicon crank and Kibblewhite valves and springs.

How reliable will this be? I hear ya on the wrench time and the ride worries. I love my dale but feel like a sucker sometimes to keep putting money into it. Since day 1 early 02' i have never felt this bike was 100% reliable and still wont go anywhere riding alone. I've been towed I'd say about 10x and have used back up bike friends have brough on out of state rides in case my dale broke. Kind embarrasing, sure dale are fast but they have to running to be. I just spend about $700 on a new rear end and full system and rode for about 2hrs before having to get towed. I think my dale era is coming to an end! Frustration has the best of me.

yamadjs08

#29 Post by yamadjs08 »

Hmmm... Now you guys kinda have me scared of getting a Cannondale, I know that it will have its problems, but are they really that unreliable? I was planing on buying a used one, ride it unitll something happened to where I would have to pull the motor, and then send it to doug for a falicon with z400 and maybe some other stuff. Do you guys think with engine work like that, that they are a lot more reliable?

azcannon

you guys sure are unlucky

#30 Post by azcannon »

I have 2 cannondales , I have never been towed in yet . I got into cannondales because of the price ( which is much cheaper used and new - now ), and the fact they were built in america which is a source of pride for me.
Then I started learning about these very highperformance fourstrokes. I came from a two stroke background with the dirtbikes and banshees. As far as reliability goes I don't think its challenging to have a cannondale that is as - or more reliable than the other 2 or three performance four strokes. Now with that said , some people shouldnt own cannondales because of the maintinence and ability to keep running strong . The cannondale requires a lot of maintinence and upgrades as we ride and accumulate hours on them , hence the some people shouldnt own part . I am making my best friend buy a z400 or 400ex because he only changes his oil once a year -when he is staying on top of his maintinence , and I have better things to do than be his personal mechanic . I will smoke him on every ride and not because of my skills , because my stuff flies and I keep it up and upgrade it before it breaks ( putting kibblewhites on now ) I know for comparison sakes the the other quads may stay running a little longer with less work initially but if you use it those will need all the work too to keep up , and the only thing higher than dealership prices is another dealership's prices ! If you have done what should be done to yours to keep a highperformance bike running great and it still lets you down - not do to human error - you can blame the bike, if you haven't then blame yourself. Its ok to want and own the others but nothing out there is quite like the cannondale .