1st Ride 1st Horror story

John Thomas

#21 Post by John Thomas »

thanks

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

Lol . I think Ive figured out what he might be talking about . The letters are on the flywheel not the stator. You need to check gap between the stator and the flywheel and machine down the stator mount tabs ,get a long snout flywheel and also grind off the raised cast in letters SEM (and datecode)on the inside of the fly wheel or all 3 . This is usually only a problem if changing from a bike stator setup to a wider quad stator. Or if a thrust edge is worn on the crank bearings causing excessive endplay.

A basic stator check in the manual would have shown this problem and worn wires on the staor also gives that one away. Happyboy ran into this one last year.

John Thomas

#23 Post by John Thomas »

My cannondale was brand new and it was the sem letters. Good **** wisetech.

Bill X_R

#24 Post by Bill X_R »

Originally posted by John Thomas
 I own all three jap bikes and a cannondale and a dirt bike and a Dodge Hemi.  Can you pee that far banzairx7!!!!!  I don't think so.  I also own a ds650,  what can I say I have an addiction towards quads and lots of money..

OMG!!!! I wanna puke....

That's got to be the worst post ever on this forum! This isn't a place to come and impress people (or try, I should say). Why would you feel the need to post that?? Should I bow at your feet? Come on dude!

440rider

#25 Post by 440rider »

my battery problems were the stator not being shielded properly...
and what does a hemi and a dirt bike have to do with comparing quads?
are we in a **** measuring contest to see who has the most ****, you never know he may be able to pee that far...
a couple quads and a hemi so what!

aroracer72

#26 Post by aroracer72 »

Well what i wanna know is why you insisted on riding something over ndd over that was obviosuly wrong in some way. Tisk tisk....but there are a fwe things.....hope yah find the problem.
CHAD