Honduh's

jwheat

#21 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by Cdale_racer_669
cars dont need tuning becuase they have a closed loop system and adjust for themselves.  

That's true, but not entirely accurate. Most cars do have a closed loop system that makes adjustments as it runs according to the inputs that it receives from it's sensors and the factory map that it has in memory. A closed loop system is mainly used for fuel efficiency and emissions. It is much more productive to run in open loop if you're trying to get HP. Cars have open loop capability but it is used for warm-up, limp-in, and diagnostics. Most new cars now have bi-directional computers in them and that means that they can give output(datastream) and receive input(like Cannondales can). Cars don't tune themselves.....they simply make fuel adjustments within the parameters of their programming(which is usualy mild). If you have the right computer set-up, you can change that programming(map).

saleen_1

#22 Post by saleen_1 »

hey 61 austin do you have a princess.if you know what i mean.

CptHook

#23 Post by CptHook »

Why do these discussions keep coming up? This is so childish and stupid, I would have never responded to this thread in the first place just by looking at the opening post. It IS just like ATVriders and Bluetraxx, so why do people continue to stir the pot and respond to these people when they know what the result is going to be? Even though those two are banned it still should be said that if a thread like this comes up, just ignore it. If this forum turns into anything like all the other forums out there, I know that I myself am outa here. Seems like people are more interested in participating in these type of threads than the ones that help people out. I am a culprit of that myself, but I realized how stupid it was and stopped.

mxer450

#24 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by jwheat
That's true, but not entirely accurate. Most cars do have a closed loop system that makes adjustments as it runs according to the inputs that it receives from it's sensors and the factory map that it has in memory. A closed loop system is mainly used for fuel efficiency and emissions. It is much more productive to run in open loop if you're trying to get HP. Cars have open loop capability but it is used for warm-up, limp-in, and diagnostics. Most new cars now have bi-directional computers in them and that means that they can give output(datastream) and receive input(like Cannondales can). Cars don't tune themselves.....they simply make fuel adjustments within the parameters of their programming(which is usualy mild). If you have the right computer set-up, you can change that programming(map).

sounds like alot of nonsence to me.
the only +'s i see to injection is, fuel economy, emmisions, and smoother running engine.
like ive said before fuel injection does not equal more power by any means.all the fastest race engines in motosprts are carbed.i think these pro engine builders know a little more then you guys.

mxer450

#25 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by ******
5/15 Budds Creek theres a dale that will be there that will show you what benifits there is to Fuel Injection!

Or are you going to make excuses like you always do "it's going to rain my honduh will melt:cry: :cry: :cry: "

why is that is there going to be a atk tech there?or are you talking about delaware152?look i know the guy is fast but he's be fast on a honda, yammi, or susuki

it has nothing to do with melting,it has to do with being old enough and wise enough to know driving 5 hours to race is mud is a waste of time and money.rolleyes.gif

jwheat

#26 Post by jwheat »

Look at it like this...the pro production rule may get the manufacturers to get off their butts and start putting the same kind of money and research into atvs that they put in their other products.

jacobw

#27 Post by jacobw »

fuel injection is big in racing look at all 5.0 mustangs that are putting out 2500-3000 hp with fuel injection and turbos and superchargers! I seen a full body not fiberglass 5.0 mustang it was the original body with a roll cage 5.0 mustang go aroung 205 in the quarter :wow Talk about some nuts. I also watched a small block fuel injected funny car beat a big block blower powered funny car on the Drag Racing channel it can be done. Its just cheaper to build a carbed engine and get the hp humbers. Its also a little easier to dial in the carb in that kind of application.

mxer450

#28 Post by mxer450 »

so nascar, pro dirtbike mx, nhra, sprints, etc use injection?i guess i missed something.

mxer450

#29 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by jacobw
fuel injection is big in racing look at all 5.0 mustangs that are putting out 2500-3000 hp with fuel injection and turbos and superchargers! I seen a full body not fiberglass 5.0 mustang it was the original body with a roll cage 5.0 mustang go aroung 205 in the quarter :wow Talk about some nuts. I also watched a small block fuel injected funny car beat a big block blower powered funny car on the Drag Racing channel it can be done. Its just cheaper to build a carbed engine and get the hp humbers. Its also a little easier to dial in the carb in that kind of application.

i know how fast injected mustangs are i used to have one that was fairy quick myself.
but look how much money u need to put into injected cars.dont get me wrong i loved my stang, i still have one. but alot of compression, big carb and some spray and your going offley quick for a fairly cheap price.
so much of quad riding is the rider that to waste money on tuning injection and maps and fuel curves and blah blah blah is a waste pf time.ill stick with my carb and still haul a$$

jesshamner

#30 Post by jesshamner »

Personally, I think its much faster to just pull out the laptop and hook it up than to change jets. But why are we going back and forth on this? mxer450, so you don't like...or use fuel injection. Ok...good for you. For everybody else posting in this...sometimes you can't change people's minds no matter what information you give them.