Is 60HP possible?

cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

I would think we would need Turbo and probably Methanol to be around 60 hp.Cannondale was testing CRF heads right in end and did say they were the new benchmark.Remember there is a big diff powerwise between a CRF motor and a 450r motor.The 450 r motors dynoed less than my stroker even with mods.For guys who are dragracing I can see the need for more power but honestly I dont see the need for anything else.I plan to hunt that 58hp quad down when we all run the big oval here in town.I dont see all that power doing much good.

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

Well has anybody come close to 60. How about a dyno sheet with 50. Anybody.

Judging from southbays web site they have been stagnant for the last year or more.

Ya there are some competative motors out there but what I want to know is can a motor be built or has been built to really stand up with the guy who spares no expense on the ultimate yfz,450r,z400.
I dont think that motor exists ...YET . Thats what we need to go for.
Theres been a lot of ideas floating around lately we just need to explore them.

Sandstorm

#23 Post by Sandstorm »

Dab racing here in Utah who ported Buddahs very very fast Athena 434 said the Honda unicam is awful. He said the Z400 head has the best potential for flow w/ the best end result also.. He said there isn't a whole lot to do to YFZ's. Dab racing is where Kim Muchmore of K&T got his start. K&T won King of the Hill (KOTH) in Sand Mtn Nv in the twin and three cylinder class against the best builders in the country last weekend.. Dab racing is porting Athena 434's left and right for people across the US.. Loren Duncan called Dab who's YFZ got beat soundly in Oregon by a Dab racing 434... There should be a Dab racing 450r down this weekend running 13.5-1.. Ron Woods is building some wicked fast YFZ's for the diehard hillshooters here. About 2500 for pipe, piston, valves, porting, wr crank ect..

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Uh Oh Wistechs on a mission:D Cool!Let me know how I can help.

Sandstorm

#25 Post by Sandstorm »

I would like to see it. Is fast on an mx track or a sand hill where raw hp/torque is needed to win???

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

Definitly a Sand Hill.Can only go so fast before suspension,traction and ability are factors on MX.

jfarrar

#27 Post by jfarrar »

man im not sure i can hang on to much more power than i have now.i would have to start working out.lol.i was hitting a table top this weekend that is right out of a corner that 80% of the dirtbikes could not clear.they seen me doing it and started making a wider line than mine so they could get the oomf to clear it.nothing makes me smile more:D

John Thomas

#28 Post by John Thomas »

My honda posted 53.2 on the dyno but it is fully modded

Sandstorm

#29 Post by Sandstorm »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Definitly a Sand Hill.Can only go so fast before suspension,traction and ability are factors on MX.

We might see a Ron Woods YFZ this weekend. You will shiat when you see how fast they are.. CPC Patriot is a well known sand guy on the net. He is a local here and his YFZ is scary fast.. He is over 60hp... The fast guys think they are at Glamis on that speedbump called Oldsmobile Hill. Then they come here and race a real hill and get their arse's handed to them..

wanablaze

#30 Post by wanablaze »

looking at the new LS7 motor from gm (and dreaming):

Maybe if we hooked "Ti man" and Timbo up we could have a titanium rod built.

Outside of the motor a better intake setup, moving the fuel system and lighter drivetrain could all get more power to the ground. We're still overlooking the extra heat that would be developed, though.

The titanium valves would be nice if they weren't chewing up the heads/stretching.

last resort: Falicon crank with short rod, Forged piston, cast iron sleeve and a big shot of nitrous or a turbo.