New alu frame, EFI sport quad joins us !!!

cdalemx301

#21 Post by cdalemx301 »

So what is the deal they say it is the only Aluminum framed EFI quad....Is Yamaha Retarded cuz umm im pretty sure the ATK is both that

Exodus

#22 Post by Exodus »

Oh come now, you know Atk doesnt really biuld quads. They just pretend to biuld what was the most advanced atv ever to see dirt. Yamaha did all the thinking, they built the ONLY real "sport" quad with efi, ooops I mean Yfi. You wait, when dirtwheels tests this thing, they'll tell you that this is the best creation the atv world has ever seen. They will undoubtedly mention the Cannondale and ATK in passing, but emphasize the downfalls of them. Anybody willing to take that bet?

Cdale_racer_669

#23 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

exodus can predict the future:) :clap: :hammer: :drink: :eek:

banzairx7

#24 Post by banzairx7 »

How is this only 400lbs? It looks huge. The difference in weight between an aluminum frame and steel is only a few pounds. Well they do claim 350lbs for the YFZ so it's probably safe to add 50lbs to whatever number they give you.

Here is the raptor on the US sight-
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products...39/0/specs.aspx

Dale512

#25 Post by Dale512 »

My stock YFZ weighed in at 387 with oil, coolant, & fuel..... so I would guess it's really closer to 360-365lbs Dry. So why add 50lbs, maybe 15lbs.....to their numbers.

jacobw

#26 Post by jacobw »

I seen that they just put a aluminum back half that bolts to the front steel parts. That dosent really make alot of difference just stonger in the subframe area but what about the area with the arms and shocks mounts that are prone to breaking:confused:

Cdale_racer_669

#27 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

id be willing to bet that they are perfecting EFI on the rap, then gonna apply it to the yfz. if the system had a bunch of hiccups, yamaha would fall way behind in the racing scene, so why not experiment on something that isnt big in the racing scene?

jesshamner

#28 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by Cdale_racer_669
id be willing to bet that they are perfecting EFI on the rap, then gonna apply it to the yfz. if the system had a bunch of hiccups, yamaha would fall way behind in the racing scene, so why not experiment on something that isnt big in the racing scene?

Exactly what I'm thinking.

aroracer72

#29 Post by aroracer72 »

and guess what i wanna do with one of these new rappies EFI systems........bye a full efi system from them...or off of ebay in like a year...and put it on my 450r...so i can have all my race quads EFI equipped.
CHAD

aroracer72

#30 Post by aroracer72 »

Ohh...and expect a aluminum framed efi equipped yfz to be here in 2 yrs or so. What are they.....about 6 years slower on this then cannondale????.....LOL....and cannondale was a small bicycle company.
CHAD