Ryan Sowers Injured at lorettas

TheJaspMan

Re: Re: Re: was it just me

#21 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by DIRT
I dont know about that one.After watching that again.The flaggers on the other side of the jump did a great job.But I think the one guy on top of the jump you really could not see his flag through all the dust.The riders really didn't see a flag till the dust cleared or they were in the air.If your airborn and can't see well its too late.From what I see if he went out on the track to warn others he would have got run over also.
Thay all did a great job I really cant say it was any riders fault.I could see your point if the flag was at the base of the jump but I think they did all they could.

The guys in the air are a diffrent case, but by the end of the pack is a seperate matter. A yellow flag means no jumping till you pass the wreck. Period.

I am not placing blame, simply stating the racers did not slow down for the flags. I stand right in the center of these tracks taking photos, I can tell you first hand that many racers DO NOT slow down and stop jumping in situations like this.

The flaggers did the best job of any race this season. With the exception of the guy in the flag tower, he probably should have been closer to face of the jump. But THAT is typical flagging. Sad.

Overall the situation went better than what I would have expected. And better than a few others this season.