to the dunes!

CHAINSAW

#21 Post by CHAINSAW »

Originally posted by Happyboy
No, I didn't head over there.  My wife and a couple others went there but I didn't.  I heard they were charging $10 for entry and that just pissed me off.  Did you go up there?  There was another dale there that we didn't know who owned, a stock looking speed I think.

Nah, I had to choose between working this weekend, or 2 weeks from now at some other races closer to here that Ive been planning for a year now. $10 isnt bad to see some 3.4 second machines though biggrin.gif And to see some wicked airbrush work wink.gif

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

Yep, I'm pretty sure thats where cdrookie's frame broke too! I think he had 2 breaks in that area though. It sounds like you had a pretty good time even though you had a little trouble. It looks like an expensive trip but at least you're hear to talk about it and tell a great story!:clap:

wanablaze

#23 Post by wanablaze »

Wow, rough weekend. Sounds like I need to make a trip down there. Glad nobody got hurt.

Does anybody else think that the stock Cannondale bumpers crush so easy because they were designed to be the "Crumple Zone?":confused:

jesshamner

#24 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by wanablaze

Does anybody else think that the stock Cannondale bumpers crush so easy because they were designed to be the "Crumple Zone?":confused:

I'll have to disagree. I have put mine through **** and it just has a slight tweak and a medium sized dent that should have been a lot worse.

That looks like an AC bumper anyway.

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow:wow I am glad your okay after something like that.I bet that YFZ is gonna find alot more also.Sad to see one wrecked but better than a trip to hospital.

NRath

#26 Post by NRath »

Sorry to see the carnage, Happy!sad.gif Sounds like you almost had a good time!! Like somebody said, the bright point is that none of you went to the hospital.

Any word back from reckluse on the clutch?

Happyboy

#27 Post by Happyboy »

I will post in the Rekluse thread later tonight about my dealings with them. Had a big kink at the dunes with it but in talking with them afterwards we are going to keep pressing forward with making it work.