The St Anthonies Special

wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by wanablaze
Wistech,
I'll bet your torque numbers go up once you get a better a/f ratio.

I feel it has the potential for 55hp with the 500 computer if the new injectors come in. Otherwise Ill have to use the mc1000 to try and jack some more fuel into it.

hnnblehscnnble

#22 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

wait i have a question.isnt the mc1000 computer better than the 500?explain please

kyle

azcannon

I hope you try the 1000

#23 Post by azcannon »

so I can copy more of your work without having to do so much trial and error myself

wistech

#24 Post by wistech »

There are several reasons I am using the mc500.
They are simple ,reliable,and more compact than the mc1000.
They are cheap and plentifull. Most of the time they start faster especially after a stall condition. Perfect for dead start racing. The one thing I have found is on some stock motors that are just dogs all the time regardless of mapps can really be woken up by the older system.
The last reason is we are searching for the hidden power . Maybe these will be the key system for the stroker engines until we can figure out the right mapping on the mc1000's. It doesnt hurt to try. Heck it must work somewhat . Its just a few ponies down from from the Timbo 500 and a few more than the any other stroker. I have spoken to a local race shop this week and he will be testing and changing the stock injectors to a configuration better suited to our flow needs. He said he could build us a ground up fuel system if need be but that would be mucho dollars.

The only bummer in this dyno thing is it every time I get some good numbers Tim feels he has beat me to keep me in my place. We all had the feeling that the with a little more tweaking both these motors had at least a few more ponies left in them. The roar they made on the dyno was inspiring to say the least. There are also 5 more cam positions to try out. I will try out another setting on an all new motor for the next dyno day.

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

Heres a dyno chart comparing the SAS to iceracers stock engine with airbox mods and a pipe.
As Timbo pointed out from 7,500rpm to redline it never drops below 50hp. Torque peaked at 35 pounds compared to 26 stock.

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

Heres the best we could do for the afr.

Sandstorm

#27 Post by Sandstorm »

How did you guys manage to get the rpm reading. Where do you hook the wire to to get that reading??

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

It goes to one of the coil wires.But then dyno guy needs to change rpm settings of dyno.Wierd thing is some it works on some it doesnt.Never was able to get a good reading off of mine.

wistech

#29 Post by wistech »

I noticed the last time we dynoed they clamped the inductive pickup to both wires of the coil. Before they were just using one . Maybe you should try it both ways.
Heres a pic of the original air filter adapter with bike stack. It doesnt get much simpler than this. Well yes it does. We were able to get 52.5 hp but the fuel system wasnt up to the load. The currect prototype stack is set up the same way but with a much different air filter .

wistech

#30 Post by wistech »

Some may notice it has a mc1000 throttle body on it running a mc500 ecm. I removed the IACV and pulled the pintle out to close off the air bleed. Since it isnt plugged into the 500 harness it acts like a 500 throttle body. C27 says he could get more power with the 1000ecm but I am not so sure. Maybe a dyno chalenge is in order. Whoever can tune this quad for more could win a prize. HMMM A great event for the next UTAH dune ride.