Need Help Got 1 More Problem To The Dale

Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

Oh, and it was really stroked and ported by Timbo...I just assembled it. Oh and I got all the parts other parts from Brad. So, thanks to you Tim and Brad!

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

Jeez Happy woke up on the wrong side of the turnip truck today. I think Doug meant what was wrong with the motor that it needed to be rebuilt?

Happyboy

#23 Post by Happyboy »

Oh, sorry about that. I just read through the other negativity and I interpretted what doug said the same way. Sorry about that.

He bought the quad from somewhere in Oklahoma and after seeing what the failed crank did in Kory's quad and his started smoking he wanted to get his updated. Tore it apart and he had sucked dirt so it ruined the piston/sleeve. Crank got pressed apart and it had already chewed up the rod and pin but hadn't failed. So his frame was clean for the most part. Put in a Timbo stroker and had Tim do a full port. Stage 8 kit and was all set. Thats the last I saw of it. sad.gif I didn't even get to see it run since he took the motor home installed it.

Sorry about misreading your post Doug.

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Whole thing is probably not meant as a insult.But the guy did write in capitols also failed to mention he was one who put motor in quad and started it.I bet if Happy boy started it within 1 minute he would look for oil flow.If none motor gets shut off and reason why figured out.odds of wrecking any parts that fast would be very low.Just goes to show how things can get misinterpreted on internet.

NRath

#25 Post by NRath »

I'm still confused about "who done what". KBrown's issue is unrelated to dale450, right?

As far as dale450, if it's got used cams, most likely the compression mech is acting up. The spring could be weak, or it could have broken all together. Wouldn't be the first I've seen.

Happyboy

#26 Post by Happyboy »

We will know (hope) what is wrong and what happened in the next day or so. Devon is going to bring the motor up and we shall see.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Once had guy help me put motor in and he forgot to remove a plug from oil hose at back of motor.Found it after half removing whole motor again and noticing no oil dripping out.Things can go wrong right to the end of putting these things together:drink:

DALE450

#28 Post by DALE450 »

O WELL #$@% HAPPENS AND LOOKS LIKE ILL HAVE A LITTLE TIME TO POLISH THE FRAME AND SWINGER 1 MORE TIME :drink:

azcannon

#29 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by ******
Now if the guy did it for free or watched over my shoulder then its my fault:mad:

So if the guy did it for free or watched over you shoulder it is your fault? meaning yours for taking it to him ? ar asking his help?

I assume you mean you get what you pay for and warranty's dont exist on free help ?
well I think that

Better to pay and get it right or have to flame someone to get things fixed.

when is cool to flame someone after they help you and you still need more help? sounds to me like you are trying to pressure someone to make more time for you ?
I am sure your points are all good I just feel this way as my original statement and that I don't see a lot of good manners when it comes to all the charity that goes on around here.

jwheat

#30 Post by jwheat »

I have worked on my friends bikes in my shop for free or just for the price of parts before. They all understand that when I do it, I'm just trying to help them out and there is no warranty on the work. If they want a full warranty, then my rate of $70.00/ hr and list price on the parts apply. If I charge them for the work, then I prefer to install the engine or whatever myself so that I know that everything is good to go. If I do it for free, then I just double check my work as I go and they can do the rest themselves.

An example would be that I rebuilt my friend's ESR Powervalved 330R last year and he took it home and installed it. It lasted a few hours. Come to find out, he pulled the powervalve off after he got home, looking in the cylinder (don't know why) and he reinstalled it upside down. The powervalve was then touching the piston. No warranty.