#21 Post by cannondale27 »

The kings/special flow mod/mc500/ported to the gills

Iceracer/toaster/mc500/no airbox

Stock ATK450/toaster/mc1000

Mike Cousins/mc500/stock stroke/light porting/stock airbox

Niel Franchuck/mc 1000/HMF02pipe/open airbox

banzairx7

#22 Post by banzairx7 »

I bet your losing some power due to the ultra low fuel pressure. With pressure that low I wonder if the fuel isn't atomizing as well as it could.

Awesome job on the 55:clap:

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I agree might be a bit more there if John could get perfect flow injectors.Now Haydug has some modded stockers he has been hiding for himself:D Might be right flow.We went from one end to another.Dont forget though that this is with a MC500.It only adjusts 10%.We can do alot more than that with 1000 and mapping.So theoretically we might be able to raise pressure back up and lean up mapping to get them to work.Sure seems better to have excess flow than not enough.

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by hogman
If 2 stock injectors are just not enough fuel, and 2 harley injectors is too much fuel then why not try running one of each.
In theory the stock injectors will only support 50 hp and each harley injector can support that much on its own then one 50 hp injector and one 25 hp injector would be much closer to your fuel needs.  Still probably a little overkill but not as bad as running just the Harley injectors.

Heck I will try it.I wonder what effect will be since the injectors are seperated?One for each valve.Interesting for sure.Hogman your full of ideas:clap:

Happyboy

#25 Post by Happyboy »

I don't think 2 different injectors would be a good idea. The flowrate would be different for the 2 and how can you control that serperately? I would bet Doug's modded injectors will help out. Come on doug! smile.gif

kdeal

#26 Post by kdeal »

All hail the King....

:bow: :bow:

hogman

#27 Post by hogman »

Hey i never said it would be easy. These injectors are both ment to be run at the same fuel pressure. As far as flow goes its ment to be different. Just install one of each set fuel pressure back to stock and let them flow what they are gonna flow. The Harley one will flow more thats its purpose the stock one will flow less thats its purpose and together they will flow more than just stock but less than all harley which in theory is closer to what u guys need.

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

Sure would.Just wonder what effects it will have since flow through each valve will be different.Might need that E.G.T. guage yet.

hogman

#29 Post by hogman »

Not to be rude or a **** or anything but do u guys think that flow through each valve is always the same. If running the same injectors then yes the fuel should be the same but there is no good way to be sure that the air flow is the same. In the end it dosnt really matter because what matters is the final mix in the combustion chamber. Take a raptor for example 2 carbs 3 intake valves both carbs jetted different and they run just fine. This is the same kinda deal one fat injector one lean injector=better mix.

kdeal

#30 Post by kdeal »

It's just a guess, but I believe the injectors would have to be the same size for the ECM to control them. Remember that you have two injectors for one cylinder, but they both have seperate intake tracks (for the most part). The computer probably sends the same signal to both injectors at the same time. I've been told that the wiring does not make any difference on which way you plug them into the harness, and the injectors do not send any info back to the ECU, like the sensors do. I think we should just concentrtate on getting injectors that fit and flow just a little more than the stockers do, at 3-bar (43.5lbs) and at 80% duty cycle. This way you would have a fair comparison. I would love to see these tested in Cannondale27's bike with the reangled job done on the head.