Do you agree?

claas900

#21 Post by claas900 »

..I agree ppl kill not what tool or weapon is used.
..But also id like to see teachers carry guns smile.gif they need it
...I also think ppl need to be "fixed" the day there born,and pass a "smart" test to have children..biggrin.gif
.... talking about "smaking" a kid,i dunno i dont have any but i have 4 younger bros and sis. But i alos have a neice and nephew, So i also watch "super Nanny" And what she does,does work..iv tried it just for fun smile.gif ..But its the parents that are heard to understand how it works....So for now ill just stand buy on the kid deal.

MyCannibal

#22 Post by MyCannibal »

that cops not carrying guns remark is just dumb.....obviously you've never been in that line of work....there are more guns on the street than you can shake a bat at!....and they are criminals not victims.

Smitty911

Re: ....

#23 Post by Smitty911 »

Originally posted by MyCannibal
there are more guns on the street than you can shake a bat at!....and they are criminals not victims.

Here, Here come to LA I worked night shift in Compton for 9 months. Gun shots every Friday night. I'm sure it wasn't the police just randomly shooting.

A armed society is a polite society.

Smitty

MyCannibal

#24 Post by MyCannibal »

hey smitty...i was referring to azcannon comment saying cops shouldn't carry guns...dont jump down MY throat...if you supposedly worked night shift in compton would you do it without a gun...LOL...you're an awful brave man if you would....and if you AREN'T a cop thats why they have the concealed carry law...to protect yourself....cuz the criminals have more guns then we do....I believe we had gunshots in Steubenville more often then every friday night too.

azcannon

#25 Post by azcannon »

I like what you said ******.

People let fear get the best of them and I admit I enjoy watching them tell everybody about it.

I am also not going to defend my comments they are mine and you can't have them.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#26 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I agree with what George said and this from Robin Williams as well:

Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

Smitty911

Re: ...

#27 Post by Smitty911 »

Originally posted by MyCannibal
hey smitty...i was referring to azcannon comment saying cops shouldn't carry guns...dont jump down MY throat...if you supposedly worked night shift in compton would you do it without a gun...LOL...you're an awful brave man if you would....and if you AREN'T a cop thats why they have the concealed carry law...to protect yourself....cuz the criminals have more guns then we do....I believe we had gunshots in Steubenville more often then every friday night too.

Here, Here is an old form of agreement. LOL Mybe I'm showing my age.

One of my helpers was a convicted murderer. Emptied his clip in the guy, than when the police came he was busy stabbing him to ensure that he didn't get up. My entire crew were gang memebers. Sometimes around 3:00am we would break for "Lunch" they wouldn't let me leave the facility. I would have to give them my money and they would bring something back.

The only time I was nervous was when I had to let the guy who was convicted of murder go.sad.gif

Smitty

haydug

Re: Re: ...

#28 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Smitty911

The only time I was nervous was when I had to let the guy who was convicted of murder go.sad.gif

Smitty

I think I would have just promoted him to FORMAN!

Smitty911

Well I also

#29 Post by Smitty911 »

I also met my first "Crack Head" on that job. He came wandering in my office around 3:30am. Talking about haveing a flat tire and needing $20.00 to fix it. I had $10.00 on my gave that to him and asked my crew for some money. They had convienantly walked away. So I got him to leave, walked back to my office and they were all there laughing at me. Something to the effect of that guy is a well known "Crack Head" and the $10.00 a gave him is already fired up in a bowl.

Oh well.

Smitty

speed_demon

#30 Post by speed_demon »

Originally posted by azcannon
I agree with everything except the cops shooting you part, to take that  one step further I would like it if the cops couldn't carry guns. I do think it would be way cool for them to carry bats though and use them to apprehend victims... I mean criminals

Victims huh? I am a California Highway Patrol Officer and almost 4 years ago I make a routine traffic stop in a not-so-great part of a rural town (i.e. no police force, monitored by County Sheriffs). The "victim" bolts out of the car just as I exit my patrol car-gun blazing. I get hit twice in the vest, once in the left thigh and one in the left oblique, somewhere in all of this I manage to get my gun out, but not before he's already up on me & now trying to take my gun! He proceeds to fight me for my gun, even pulling out my "bat"-oh I mean baton & pummeling me. Once he see's he ain't going to get my gun he decides to run. Once he flees my adrenaline fades & I drop. I call for back-up and an ambulance and sit and wait, all the while watching everyone who witnessed this & did nothing.

I later find out the car was stolen & this guy was already a felon. He emptied 10 rounds at me and apparently I had gotten 1 off as I was raising my weapon. I agree there are some Barney Fife officers out there-who don't know the difference between a bullet hole and donut hole, but take guns away from ANY cop & that's a recipe for disaster. In just the last 5 months there have been 2 CHP officers shot & killed in the line of duty. Same scenario as mine, simple traffic stops with a guy who didn't want to go back to prison.

As more & more Civil Liberties groups whine there way into tying cops hands, my job becomes more & more dangerous. There are so many drugs smuggled up & down the freeway where I work now that I could very well be faced with the same situation once again. But it's what I do, and I choose to do to keep people safe. The same people who b*tch at me when thay get a ticket, the same people who I arrest for drunk driving, the same people who want to bad mouth cops and whine about being treated unfairly.

Yes there are bad cops, but they get theres in the end. And I can guarantee there are more good cops than bad out there. But bad people outnumber ALL cops, so yes some of us are rude at time, some of us are a little overzealous, but 99% of us are in it to help. Don't let a bad contact with an officer skew your view of everyone of us.

Rant over!