Need some venting time

njracer

#21 Post by njracer »

QUOTE (wanablaze @ Apr 23 2006, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,
This is Derno's thread. If you guys want to talk to njracer, do it in pm or over the phone (elsewhere). He did not bash anyone here, just offered his opinion.

Back on track...

Derno,
I know you have put a lot of effort into these machines, more than most would have. I think highly of you for that. But, if you decided to cut your losses and try something else; I wouldn't blame you.

I know how you feel. I've thought many times about selling my Cannondale. My bike has given me a hard time since new. I've only ridden it for maybe 25 hours. Then the valve locked up. And my case was cracked. And I was having electrical issues. Money was tight and I was having trouble getting parts that I paid for from one of the vendors (whom doesn't sell anymore). If Doug wouldn't have stepped up to help me, I would have sold the thing already.

Thanx for sticking it out this long, Derno. The new 450's are all pretty decent bikes, though. Let us know what you decide.

wacko.gif

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (wanablaze @ Apr 23 2006, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,
This is Derno's thread. If you guys want to talk to njracer, do it in pm or over the phone (elsewhere). He did not bash anyone here, just offered his opinion.

Back on track...

Derno,
I know you have put a lot of effort into these machines, more than most would have. I think highly of you for that. But, if you decided to cut your losses and try something else; I wouldn't blame you.

I know how you feel. I've thought many times about selling my Cannondale. My bike has given me a hard time since new. I've only ridden it for maybe 25 hours. Then the valve locked up. And my case was cracked. And I was having electrical issues. Money was tight and I was having trouble getting parts that I paid for from one of the vendors (whom doesn't sell anymore). If Doug wouldn't have stepped up to help me, I would have sold the thing already.

Thanx for sticking it out this long, Derno. The new 450's are all pretty decent bikes, though. Let us know what you decide.

Thanks for all the kind words. That goes for everyone. Like the title said I just needed to vent. I have since tracked it down and it should be ready to race for this sunday. I was going to try this past sunday, but it was really miserable out and I worked all saturday so I decided to spend a little family time instead. Like I tell everyone I am in this till the end. Win, lose, or draw! biggrin.gif

DMAC10

#23 Post by DMAC10 »

How did you find out that it was your fuel pump getting hot. I never actually checked that on mine. I guess it doesn't matter, I bought a new one,. Just curious on what you did for future reference.

Canniboomer

#24 Post by Canniboomer »

Where is the fuel pump mounted? Is it near or below the fuel level in the tank?, and are your lines well insulated from motor and header heat?

DMAC10

#25 Post by DMAC10 »

Canniboomer
At the time for mine, it was located behind the gas tank, on the cross member that the seat clamps to. The same location that J. Stoes had his located. I had good heat protection on my lines. But you never know.

Oh I shipped your part out today. I wasn't able to Friday. wink.gif

Just thought I would chime in again on Derno dime. biggrin.gif

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

Pump supply was fine. and lines well insulated. It has since been relocated to in front of the radiator. What happened is after the NC race both Randy and Doug commented that the pump sounded very weak. I pointed out that it was still pushing fuel back into the tank. Found out that it was, but was unable to maintain the pressure. The pump just got old. Simple as that. New pump and flywheel and all new plumbing for the fuel system and she is ready to go.......I hope.

Happyboy

#27 Post by Happyboy »

You going to make it over for the Missouri GNCC? If so then we got a trailer you can camp in with us. Just an enclosed trailer but it will keep you dry and in the shade. smile.gif

Derno24

#28 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Apr 24 2006, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You going to make it over for the Missouri GNCC? If so then we got a trailer you can camp in with us. Just an enclosed trailer but it will keep you dry and in the shade. smile.gif

Nah, too far! Still waiting for you to make an east coast swing! laugh.gif

Bill X_R

#29 Post by Bill X_R »

Sorry Obviously I've missed something (admittingly I'm not on the board as much as I should be) but did you get your quads back or did you buy a new one? You know from the theft!

Derno24

#30 Post by Derno24 »

I had one left that wasn't stolen it was in someone else's garage. No word on the other quads yet. I figure if they do find them they will be pretty messed up.