Who wants to help with the 12hr????

Sandstorm

#21 Post by Sandstorm »

The Chick in Texas and MotoMan440 have ridden together a few times.. Motomans name is Don Duprois.. I don't have his number, but his list of crudentials is proboably better then any current Dale racer. Another kick arse rider is Atvrulz, Bob Berg up in Minnesota..

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

While I am sure there may be other riders with similar resumes it is important for quad set-up that the 3 riders can meet and dial the atv in. All 3 of the riders are within 4 hrs of each other and can meet to set-up the quad. Thank you for the names however.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

These guys can get it done.Some of them have gone through some dissappointments in past 12hrs also.They all deserve chance to run it again.This time its going to be a success.Sure wish I could go help out.

Derno any idea what the course is going to be like?

Derno24

#24 Post by Derno24 »

Well I am currently getting the low down from C&D Racing. They have gone to the last 2 6hr events at the track location. From what I understand not very rough to start, not rocky, and wide enough for MX width. Speed 450mx has also filled me in some and he has already agreed to be there helping too.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

Here are some pics of last years 6hr at the track.

Courtesy of ATVRiders.Com

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow I was imagining desert!Hope it doesnt rain.

Derno24

#27 Post by Derno24 »

Well this race was held the day after a big rain storm. I was told it should be really dry.

Derno24

#28 Post by Derno24 »

Well it appears all the ducks are in a row. Speed 450mx has agreed to help us when we get to Texas. His level of support is key to helping us make this trip.

The itinerary is as follows.

We will be getting the motor from Tim and installing into the chassis early October.

October 15th the riders will be testing and dialing the quad in.

My father and I will crate the quad that week.

It will leave via Roadway express (father is a driver for them) on that Friday the 20th. It will arrive in Texas on that tuesday. I am giving a couple extra days to be safe. Originally I was going to ship all the spare parts and such in the crate. I have now limited it to just the tools and spare tires. Just to keep shipping cheaper it will cost us roughly $600-$700 to ship the quad round trip. It will be fully assembled so we won't have to waste time there. The riders can concentrate on winning.

The riders will arrive on the same flight Thursday night the 26th. Speed 450mx will be picking us up and the trip to Caddo Point begins.

Signups Friday, Race Saturday, fly home sunday.

Cost for the shipping is where we are going to get beat up. Anything you can help us with would be greatly appreciated. My paypal is Derno24@Comcast.Net. When paypaling me make sure to list in the comments that it is for Texas and send me the name you would like listed on the site and on the quad. I liked the marker idea so I will find someone with good handwriting to write all the names on the atv.

As people donate I will post your names here. It doesn't matter what you give as we can use any and all help.

We are not in need of parts as we have all that we need. Thank you to all Cannondale owners.

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds good.How much is flight costing?

Derno24

#30 Post by Derno24 »

Roughly $350 per rider plus entry fee which is $200 for the team. Plus other misc. expenses.