Before it begin - The Jesus Tomb March 4th

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Ok I'll say this. I have a beer and it is getting warm. Thank you I must drink it now. biggrin.gif

Everyone now go and pet your quad!

Mjollnir

#22 Post by Mjollnir »

Looks like you guys finally see why I bowed out of this conversation when the first thread hit three pages. blink.gif

Marc

harleypitbull1

#23 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I agree with you guys that some things sound like bible bashing. I too felt this way before I was saved. After a person becomes a christian it is supposedly there duty to tell others about Jesus christ being their savior and how that can happen. Sometimes it comes across as bashing because some people just dont want to hear it. But I relate to Smitty, when something like christianity is thousands of years old and you have some reporter decide that he has discovered something that would totally discredit christianity, it bothers me. Smitty ask some questions to UPS man, why not answer those questions to let people know how you feel instead of bashing him. Religion is a hard thing to talk about becuase some people have heard it so much, that it sounds like bible beating anytime they hear something about it. If you really believe in something and think it to be totally true, then you will talk about it no matter who it offends. As far as this show goes, it was very dramatized and used a hypothesis that someone had come up with and put it into pictures that only told thier side of the story. let me ask you all a question. IF ALL THIS ABOUT JESUS WAS MADE UP,,,,,,, MANY OF THE DECIPLES WERE KILLED BECAUSE THEY CONTINUED TO FOLLOW JESUS AFTER HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION. DO YOU TRULY THINK THAT THESE GUYS WOULD HAVE TOOK A LIE TO THIER DEATH JUST TO PROTECT A SECRET? IT TAKES SOMEONE SPECIAL TO SIT THERE AND TAKE A BEATING FOR A REASON THAT IS MADE UP. MAYBE ONE PERSON COULD BUT IF YOU SIT THERE AND WATCH 3 MEN BEAT AND KILLED BEFORE YOU, AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TELL THE TRUTH TO BE SET FREE. NOT MANY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ARE GOING TO BE BEAT AND KILLED TO PROTECT A LIE.

I believe the bible is true from cover to cover. but once again, this is my opinion and I am entitled to it as you are entitled to yours. 1 more question, if you dont believe in God, then how do you suppose we all got here?
choices you have

1. God created the universe
2. Big bang theory
3. evolution

In my opinion only 1 of these is even possible

Derno24

#24 Post by Derno24 »

Ahhh Crap back to the fridge for another beer.

jwheat

#25 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Mar 5 2007, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhh Crap back to the fridge for another beer.

Get me one too! We may be here awhile! tongue.gif

harleypitbull1

#26 Post by harleypitbull1 »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Mar 5 2007, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get me one too! We may be here awhile! tongue.gif

lol

I am sorry this is the way you guys feel about the topic. But like I said before, your entitled to you own opinion.

peterock

#27 Post by peterock »

Here we go..................my opinion.

Yes I'm christian and believe in the christian faith. However, as with any religious book, they were written by man. That obviously means it is possible for facts to be missinterpretted and change over time. Also, translations from one language to another are never exact. Plus then every denomination has their own interpretation.

Know what I like the most.........going to church on sunday and listening to someone for the first 10 minutes talk about how much money they need and how much we should be giving to the church.

I believe there is something greater out there and i don't believe I need to sit in church on sunday in order for myself to be "saved".

You all want to watch some educational movies on religion.........Rent Dogma with Jay and Silent Bob smile.gif

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

I think Smitty summed it up in last thread.He doesnt want to see anyone he knows in wrong line at the end.Sure Harley thinks same and so do I and everyone else here.We all are very passionate of our beliefs in everything we do religion or not.That is good right or wrong.Will find out in end hopefully all of us will be in right line.In meantime I am getting on sled and grabbing throttle until I see god or am thankful he watched over me see ya all biggrin.gif

Smitty911

#29 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Mar 5 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are mighty arrogant. It seems to me that you are saying," believe like I believe, or you are gullible and stupid, and have no morals." Go screw yourself.

Upsman,

It would appear that I owe you an apology. My fingers work faster than my brain sometimes.

My intent was not to say you are stupid, immoral or gullible. The intent was to show that without God than the world is open to interpitation and there are no moral absolutes. This is agreed upon by Theist and a lot Atheist.

I have only asked you questions on what you believe. I am genuinely interested, not only in the what, but they why.

Hopefully no hard feelings.

Tough to talk with a shoe in my mouth.

Smitty

QUOTE (Psychosis @ Mar 5 2007, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, this has been going on long enough. I started watching the show b/c I watch a LOT of documentories and information shows and always have enjoyed them. Really was not too into the show but watched parts of it. I loved the ending how it said they cannot prove or disprove anything so they're asking viewers to make their own judgements. lol.

I agree that there should be talk on the forums other than just quads. However, I've been watching the two topics which everyone has seen lately about religious things and it's gotten old quick. Pushing thoughts and "morals" on some people piss them off or do no good but harm to ones' self.

I think if people want to talk about religion then go ahead. But I myself am getting fedup w/some of the things I've seen said on here. Sure, ignore it as some say. To a certain degree that is fine; then it just makes you want to stab people when you see their arrogance and insolence. A person is a person. We're all human. It's nature to push things on another that you think are right. Just remember this: if the shoe was on the other foot and the one being preached negatively to was you, would you gladly continue on w/the conversation or start to get annoyed after a hundred arguments?

I didn't watch the show, sorry I missed it. So what do you feel the answer to "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" is?

Quick question - What thoughts or "morals" have you seen pushed on people?

What things are you getting fedup with?

I don't understand you last sentence could you elaborate?

As far as I'm concerned, this is a conversation, people are expressing their ideas and I'm asking questions. A couple of misunderstandings have been cleared up and different peoples opions have been expresses.

Smitty

Smitty911

#30 Post by Smitty911 »

JWheat,

Of course you do not strike me as ???????gullible and stupid, and incapable of rational thought.??????? I apologize to you as well. It was not my intent to call everyone an idiot, or imply it.

I don????????t believe I have exhibited a ???????Holier than thou??????? attitude toward anyone one these boards. I make enough mistakes in a day to remind myself that I????????m not perfect. This misunderstanding is added to a list of blunders from yesterday.

Happyboy,

I have asked several people lots of questions concerning their beliefs and have presented mine. I have not always been answered though.

I would like to think that I am open minded enough to conceder all explanations and look for the truth where ever it may lead. I question my own beliefs and why.

Derno24,

I went and pet my quad, Rootbeer warm is nasty.

Mjollinir,

You quit talking in the other threads after I answered the questions you asked me. You did not reply to any of my answers. I guess they were answered to your satisfaction. I don????????t know you quit posting.

ALL,

I apoligize if I sounded like I was "Holier than thou" people who I have daily contact with in person "know" that would be impossible for me. Well, maybe if I clear up some self-delusion.

But the question reamains:

WAS THAT THE TOMB OF JESUS CHRIST"?

I say NO, I'm sure some of you are surprised by that answer. LOL

Smitty