Everyone should read this.

wanablaze

#21 Post by wanablaze »

I agree with many of Jwheat's thoughts here.

If you've had either a good or bad experience with one of the sponsors you should have no problem telling us why. The examples and details shared give the party making the statement credability. As long as they're being truthful and fair, there is no reason that both parties could not share their experiences.

I do believe it is unfair to expect the moderating team to determine if a member's claim is valid. Are we just supposed to take their word for it? How do we know who is telling the truth (rhetorical questions)? As Jwheat said, all we can do is try to make sure that everything is done in the proper manner.

To say that all the sponsors suck is not only bland, but has no evidence to back it up. If you could provide examples for each sponsor, it would be much more believable. This is also unfair to the sponsors. How would you feel if someone was bashing you on the internet; you have no idea who they are or why the are bashing you?

Rather than post a generalization about a large part of the community, create individual posts in the trader feedback forum. Give examples of why each sponsor/vendor experience was good or bad. This will also allow them to see what they need to work on or excel at. Other members that do not know you personally do not know what you've been through, only what you've posted. Other members will also have a better idea of the point you are trying to make.

Please understand that I support Jwheat's views, but am open to all input.

wanablaze

UpsMan

#22 Post by UpsMan »

Steve, sorry for resurrecting your old post. It won't happen again. The rest of you, I'm glad you got your parts and service in a timely fashion. I don't have any more to say about this topic.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

Wanablaze read these quotes.That is a issue.

Happyboy
You really think you can bash the only vendors you have and still have a good relationship with them? Good luck with that one Steve.

Jwheat
Do you honestly think that bashing the vendors in public isn't going to ruin their chances for good service in the future?? Who are they going to buy from next time? There are only less than a handful that you can buy from right now. I know at my shop, that I don't have a problem politely telling a customer that has been nothing but problems that perhaps he would be happier shopping somewhere else. There are too many good customer's out there for a good reputable shop to have to put up with sh*t. I've also found that the ones that complain the most are usually the ones that want you to make the least on them.

laugh.gif You guys say bashing a trader in feedback forum will result in trader not dealing with the person anymore.Right thats what you said?Now think about that a minute.

Both UPSman and I went out out of our way to not bash anyone specific.Thats why names were not named and specifics not mentioned.So situation seems like a catch 22 doesnt it?Have to live with poor service or you will be blacklisted by the vendor?Wrong.Most of our vendors are better than that and take care of situation or at least make a effort not to have it happen again.

Here are some specifics since you asked from last year although I tend to forget past very quickly and move on.

5month wait,promise week,promise week .Post delivery 3days with apology and promise of better effort

one month wait.Promise.Post delivery in 3 days with apology and promise of better effort

One month wait.Call.Lost order.Wait another week call and get told by employee I dont take care of deliveries.Wait for call back.Nothing.Week.post,delivery in 3 days.

3month wait.call week.call.pm.call.call no answer.call raise cain recieve parts that were crushed and left in rain not even close to full order.

Back then it was Timbo,Canniboomer,BlackWidow and haydug along with a private party that I finally did get order from.I dont believe there were any other vendors back then except maybe MX Tech whom I didnt deal with.

No vendor can say that I personally have not given them praise and promoted their products that I feel are worth promoting probably within last few days even.It goes both ways.I believe both good and bad should be known.Trick is to not make it personal but keep it professional AND help others avoid same situations.In most cases my respect for our vendors grew tremendously from that post a year ago and by the way I have never had an inkling even to do it again because my transactions have been flawless since.

UpsMan although I do wish you would have made your own post.Its obvious there are some who still have issues with that post from last year.I didnt know that.Its good to know what folks think of me.Might even change a bit.Doubt it though mellow.gif

Happyboy

#24 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 27 2007, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its good to know what folks think of me.Might even change a bit.Doubt it though mellow.gif

OK Arm0ks. Just because people disagree with you on something doens't meant they hate you. Holy crap man, give me a break. You are going to make me come to one of your silly little rides up there and spank you! tongue.gif

jwheat

#25 Post by jwheat »

Steve and Upsman... I'm sorry if you get the idea that I'm picking directly on you in this post..... that's not my intention. Your posts just happened to be the ones that were brought up most recently. I'm sure both of you had issues with suppliers that you thought would be remedied by going public. I'm just stating my opinion about how it was done. Neither of you should take it personally.

Jimbo

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Mar 27 2007, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK Arm0ks. Just because people disagree with you on something doens't meant they hate you. Holy crap man, give me a break. You are going to make me come to one of your silly little rides up there and spank you! tongue.gif

Alright!!! That's it!!! If I see any spanking between grown men.... I'm gonna be sick! wacko.gif

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 27 2007, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Happyboy
Jwheat
laugh.gif You guys say bashing a trader in feedback forum will result in trader not dealing with the person anymore.Right thats what you said?Now think about that a minute.

Steve, I'm not saying that you shouldn't leave negative feedback..... I'm just saying that you should be specific about the person your leaving the negative feedback. Wanablaze stated it much better than I did.... go back and read his post.

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

I did read his post and I read yours.If I do what Wanablaze says vendor is going to be upset and want me to go elsewhere in your words.Quite a conundrum eh?

jwheat

#27 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 27 2007, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did read his post and I read yours.If I do what Wanablaze says vendor is going to be upset and want me to go elsewhere in your words.Quite a conundrum eh?

I don't beleive any of our sponsors would hold anything against someone who publishes his experiences (good or bad) in public. Most merchants need feedback to know how they're actually perceived. It's all in how you go about it. No conundrum there.

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

That isnt what you said previously.We all know all the vendors except Brad from BlackWidow did take it very well.

jwheat

#29 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 27 2007, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That isnt what you said previously.We all know all the vendors except Brad from BlackWidow did take it very well.

That is what I said earlier. I never said don't leave negative feedback.... I said don't bash without statements to back it up...... big difference.

How do we know Brad was the only one to take offense? Maybe he was the only one who actually posted that he was offended.

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

Because the rest of them said they werent offended.Took it as a wake up call and have never taken a defensive attitude.Do I know.Not really.But I hope so.

Jwheat
Do you honestly think that bashing the vendors in public isn't going to ruin their chances for good service in the future?? Who are they going to buy from next time? There are only less than a handful that you can buy from right now. I know at my shop, that I don't have a problem politely telling a customer that has been nothing but problems that perhaps he would be happier shopping somewhere else. There are too many good customer's out there for a good reputable shop to have to put up with sh*t. I've also found that the ones that complain the most are usually the ones that want you to make the least on them.

This is what you said once again Jwheat.