NEW DYNO KING!

aroracer72

#21 Post by aroracer72 »

Without nitrous.
Chad

Happyboy

#22 Post by Happyboy »

woh...guess my abbreviated typing was a bit off. Dang typing on the phones sucks. The 58hp was without the Nitrous, they 72 was with nitrous. The part of not needing the nitrous was in the drag races. We were beating people without the nitrous. sorry bout dat.

There are ways of getting at least a few more hp out of the motor in stock form but my dyno run was with everything intact minus the front hood. But, this is a pod filter setup so it didn't impact all that much. I will scan and post the dyno charts tomorrow. I am worn out and headed for bed.

zacke22

#23 Post by zacke22 »

Thats awesome Sean...congrats...
Zack

kdeal

#24 Post by kdeal »

Way to go Happyboy! I heard the mad scientist (Wistech) was in his lab (kitchen table / work bench) trying to find a way to beat you!

blink.gif

Way to go Happyboy! I heard the mad scientist (Wistech) was in his lab (kitchen table / work bench) trying to find a way to beat you!

blink.gif

Happyboy

#25 Post by Happyboy »

Oh I have no doubt he will. I actually wanted to go more with the nitrous but i didn't have any larger jets. sad.gif

timbomoose

#26 Post by timbomoose »

"I find this funny cause the 804cc raptor that was in my AtvSport mag put down 78hp."

We'll be dynoing one of those motors in a couple weeks.Speed1b's buddy's got one.The mag and their website claimed the #'s but no chart. I would think anyone getting that kind oh hp and tq would have charts all over their site and everywhere posible,but you never know could even be more.I do believe its completely possible.We'll post the charts of the Rocket factory Raptor after dynoed.If what they claim should be within+-2hp.Either way that thing has got to haul some serious azzz.As for the Cannondale's 80 hp without nitrous seems to be an unreachable goal.I do believe we can get a solid 65rwhp out of around 500cc Dale as ridden.Very close right now.We'll shoot for 70 and hope for 65.The other big plus on our motors is we can get a very wide power band through the gears.A way to find out what is making a more usable powerband for max power through the gears is by using a gear calculator than averaging the hp thourh that rpm ranage on a dyno chart.That average hp along that range will be the stronger motor.Hp per cc the rocket factory Raptor .097hp.The highest yet on a cannondale per cc is .1297 on only 12-1 compression!I'm sure speed1b will let us know how his Dale does against the rocket factory raptor.Both are setup for drag racing only.Hopefully the dale will give it a good run.Happyboy sure did his share of stomping people on his Dale at the Dunes and I'm sure had everyone he raced saying WTF!!

Speed 1B

#27 Post by Speed 1B »

Yeah my friend just got the rocket factory 812. It is supposed to be 82 horse without nitrous. Im looking more forward to seeing him dyno than myself tongue.gif . He also rides a cannondale too...he has 2 of them. His name is Josh Patton on the boards here.

Im planning on hookin up the bottle here in a month or 2 when i get some more time on my motor. I figure there is no sense of chancing a good 60 hp motor at this point. Ive been doing alot of research and i think i pretty much have it figured out. Im planning on using map select with the first map being an "all motor" map and the second map being for nitrous only. By doing it this way i can spend the time on the dyno and get the set-up for the nitrous safe and somewhat reliable. Im going to run the activation button on the throttle linkage so it come on as soon as it gets pinned. Im definately going to push it to 80 horse becasue quite frankly i dont even think its worth it unless i get that much. The YFZs get 80-85 on the bottle and thats my main competition so i have to try and get somewhere in that range.

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Apr 30 2007, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I have no doubt he will. I actually wanted to go more with the nitrous but i didn't have any larger jets. sad.gif

You better get bigger jets. Much bigger.

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

I ran a 3 safety system setup. The switch that would arm the system and turn the fuel pump on, a 100% throttle switch, and a firing button. That way I could drag race and not have the nitrous on at all times. Hit 4th and boom its on. You won't feel the nitrous hit that much until you get 30ish hp out of it. I could barely feel this hit and it was 14 horse. I wanted 80, but just didn't have the jets for it. Oh yeah, on the map you are going to make for it, I was told to retard the timing a bit for it and it would be much better on the motor. So, I will be doing that before I go any bigger on the jets. I ran a 20/24 jet setup with the 14 shot (nos/fuel) and stayed plenty rich to be safe. I didin't have to touch the fuel on the map at all for it.

wistech

#30 Post by wistech »

I broke 70 with no tuning on a worn out smaller engine running a 500ecm. You are not even close to the potential.